Socom's LT1 -> LS1 Swap Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 07:58 AM
November 2010 ROTM
October 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Thanks! I just ordered everything I need to do the CTS-V brake conversion for the front of my car. I've heard nothing but good things about this conversion from everyone I've talked to.

Old 06-29-2016, 08:26 AM
November 2010 ROTM
October 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Update: Got the CTS-V brakes done, she stops awesome now! I'm beginning my cam swap so I'll post pictures, video, etc here. I might have another LT1 car soon too hehe, more to come on that later.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:19 PM
November 2010 ROTM
October 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Here is a video post-cam swap! And my little project that I picked up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqLk...ature=youtu.be

Old 07-05-2016, 06:50 AM
4th Gear Member

That blue on that Corvette is sweeet. I want one or another muscle car in that color. Haha

Old 07-05-2016, 11:36 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

sounds pretty dang good.

Old 07-05-2016, 03:39 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

You have any links on the CTS-V brake conversion? Going from 96 to 2000 was a nice upgrade and then going to the power stop street avenger setup was a noticeable difference but I am always looking for things to add to the wish list.

Old 07-05-2016, 04:53 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

does it take 18 inch wheel to make cts work

Old 07-05-2016, 05:36 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Liking the Vette, I sold my 92 almost 2 years ago. Wanted a Quasar blue, but found a deal on a purple one. What bugs does yours have, I may have had the same bugs in mine. Headlights open and close ok? lol. Oh, and the fuel pump, I never replaced one that was so easy...comes right out the top of the gas door, took maybe 1/2 hour. And it's about time you showed the 69!

Old 07-05-2016, 08:56 PM
November 2010 ROTM
October 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Gorn
You have any links on the CTS-V brake conversion? Going from 96 to 2000 was a nice upgrade and then going to the power stop street avenger setup was a noticeable difference but I am always looking for things to add to the wish list.
There is a good post on LS1tech about it that I followed to a T and it went really smooth, I was done the front in about an hour.
CTS-V Brake Install w/ Pics - LS1TECH

Originally Posted by craby
does it take 18 inch wheel to make cts work
My friend did it with a 17" wheel but it took some grinding.

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Liking the Vette, I sold my 92 almost 2 years ago. Wanted a Quasar blue, but found a deal on a purple one. What bugs does yours have, I may have had the same bugs in mine. Headlights open and close ok? lol. Oh, and the fuel pump, I never replaced one that was so easy...comes right out the top of the gas door, took maybe 1/2 hour. And it's about time you showed the 69!
Bug wise it cut out on us driving it home after it warmed up and the fan was running all the time. I think its the coolant sensor that is causing it to be weird plus maybe the ICM/coil. It still has factory plugs/wires in it so they are getting changed and pretty old gas. All of that is making for a hard diagnosis. So I'll do a complete tune up minus the icm and go from there. The headlights do open/close but they seem to run after they open/close like they went past a limit switch, so idk what that means. The 69 is always out and about but I don't show her much online :P I'll include her more often for sure!

Old 07-05-2016, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by Socom
Bug wise it cut out on us driving it home after it warmed up and the fan was running all the time. I think its the coolant sensor that is causing it to be weird plus maybe the ICM/coil. It still has factory plugs/wires in it so they are getting changed and pretty old gas. All of that is making for a hard diagnosis. So I'll do a complete tune up minus the icm and go from there. The headlights do open/close but they seem to run after they open/close like they went past a limit switch, so idk what that means. The 69 is always out and about but I don't show her much online :P I'll include her more often for sure!
Mine was acting up like that, cutting out or not restarting when hot. The fuel pump was bad. If it does it again, push in the schrader valve on the fuel rail and see if you get a good squirt of gas. Not saying it's your pump, but not saying it isn't either.
Headlights, been there had that, which is why I asked, it's common with these. One of my lights was stubborn going up, then quit altogether. The other went up fine, but after going down, the motor ran for a few seconds while going clunk clunk clunk. It's not a limit switch problem. Simple fix, remove the headlight assemblies, remove and open up the motors, and replace the chewed up plastic gear. Oops, did I say simple? Just kidding!! The original gear is plastic (yours is now missing some teeth). Replace them with a steel or bronze gear (the "fix"). The white gear shows what factory looks like when new. My teeth were pretty much gone and the plastic pellets were pulverized.

Quick Reply: Socom's LT1 -> LS1 Swap Thread!