Yet to go through the carb just to make sure all is well there and
reset the distributor, MSD, coil, radiator, fuel pump/regulator/lines
and set in the new battery. I picked up a set of ol' school aluminum
centerlines and we'll get some new rubber for 'em pretty quick. Have
a few issues with the interior with some gauges I'll mount on the pillar
and get the back half "mod" as far as the interior figured out in terms
of fuel cell or plan"B"... Lookin' forward to moving along on this
beast and picking a few brains as I go.

Proud to be in here with you good folks and wish me luck!
Name:  olskool%20centerlines_zps7cglcczm.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  68.7 KBName:  Moser1_zpse9eduiex.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  121.0 KBName:  96%20Z%20pic1%202_zpsajlnbkqu.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  131.6 KB

Old 03-09-2015, 09:28 PM

Slow afternoon today after work so I started to work on the carb.
Just wanted to go through it with a kit and won't sweat too much
with jetting right now. Also took a couple minutes to buff around on
the centerlines. The rivets are gonna make this cleanup just some
of that fun...

Attached Thumbnails Slow going hatchet knot...-holly-750.jpg   Slow going hatchet knot...-frt-centerline1.jpg  
Old 03-14-2015, 09:43 PM
4th Gear Member

Hi welcome .are you building a drag car ,what you got for an engine ,sounds like you did swap similar to mine ,I like the classic look of a old engine in 4th gen,post some pics of the engine .what is it ,gearing I hear 4.10 for the th 400 may be good ,I am new to,yes I am getting ready to do gauges tach .an true dual exhaust,few other things ,then onto building up the rearend with some help ,I have priced that rearend you got big bucks for new one,you may get some info you need from my project

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 03-14-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by 95 camaro 406
Hi welcome .are you building a drag car ,what you got for an engine ,sounds like you did swap similar to mine ,I like the classic look of a old engine in 4th gen,post some pics of the engine .what is it ,gearing I hear 4.10 for the th 400 may be good ,I am new to,yes I am getting ready to do gauges tach .an true dual exhaust,few other things ,then onto building up the rearend with some help ,I have priced that rearend you got big bucks for new one,you may get some info you need from my project
Hey 406..!
Thank you. No sir, she'll just be a fun/rude streeter... The mill is a 355
roller, nothin' overly hairy, n/a, mild cam, Mallory electronics, duals into Flowmasters. 'Bout the only radical aspect will be the back half/rearend.
I basically had to follow suit there... Unfinished PO's thought process
Yeah, the 12 bolt GM/Moser came to be after a lot of drawin' in the dirt.
I went back 'n forth on a 9" and when the dust settled, I didn't want any
ford product involved. True blue, bowtie here ya' know... Not shTi mouthin',
the 9" is a tried and true, stable rearend. I'm leanin' more and more toward
the .355 gearing. I'll make a couple 35-40 mile treks into work and probly
80% of it is hwy, 75mph.

Thanks again and damn sure proud to hear from ya'! Look forward to
hearin' about your project too podnah. Not much of a photographer and
using a cell phone to boot... I'll try to grab some better pics as I roll thru
the rest of this "project".

Peace bro

Attached Thumbnails Slow going hatchet knot...-sbc-350.jpg  
Old 03-15-2015, 01:31 PM
4th Gear Member

I almost went with 355 as well ,yes moser parts were recommended to me,now that I got up there in age a little 47,i like them all ,I actually was a ford guy all my life ,did not have one let me down ,though I got alot of the fix or repair daily thing,since getin this chevy I have to say not looking back .+ ford is not the same anymore ,an there cost ,I actually looked at 2008 mustang when I bought this price was right at 18000 new that was cash 7 years later the prices are outrageous ,it had 4.6 wich I think is actually a pretty good motor ,I am a bigger guy an the Camaro is longer an I better looking car ,I got to say the cobra look alike was pretty nice ,being tall I was crown Victoria guy for a few years as it was the only car left with leg room At .6 ft 4,i don't mind talking smack at times ,but I like anything with engine in it ,yes I will have mine out soon with the snow up hear still melting hope to be on the road first week in april ,I ussaly get the car out the first week in march .not the last 2 years though,got friend just got the hellcat ,must be nice he want to have car show ,I would rather have the Camaro with a hemi? so I take it you did alot of modifying,mine with all the wireing gone a lot of other thing its about 150lbs lighter under the hood ,mine was done in just 4 weeks aprox my buddie had like 100 hours in it ,I paid a mech to do it couse I don't have tools or space ,but over all now I am happy ,at the time I was pulling the hair out ,I did hear we just about brock the record for the swap includeing the th350,started it last week runs great ,just few things to work out on the front of the motor ,was tight fit ,? did you have to bend the lip to make air filter fit,yes that's what I am doing I got the flow master headers ,friend has pipe bender,at the time ,moveing so quickly an nickel an dimeing me ,I waited for the true duals ,an looking forward to the engine breathing a lot better 20HP an better throttle reponce should feel great an working gauges ,on mine the only one that work still is the gas guage

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 03-15-2015 at 02:00 PM. Reason: ok
Old 03-16-2015, 10:05 PM

Yes sir, a little "adjustment" err "on going adjustment" for the breather.
Just a ton of crap to get squared up on 'er yet. List just kinda evolves...

Attached Thumbnails Slow going hatchet knot...-355a.jpg   Slow going hatchet knot...-msd.jpg   Slow going hatchet knot...-350-lft-bank.jpg   Slow going hatchet knot...-backhalf1.jpg  
Old 03-17-2015, 12:13 PM
4th Gear Member

mine I had to bend to get 2 inch x14 in there I was hopeing to find 10 inch off set down an forward . an was using a foam one wich I was warned can catch fire quckly the 14 hits my electric choke ,going to look into that to ,couse of the offset down

Old 05-12-2015, 10:00 AM
4th Gear Member

wich headers did you put in yours standard shorty wont work couse streeing housing,did you use lt1 headers thank scott

Old 10-20-2015, 02:33 PM
4th Gear Member

where you been man ,you just disapeared ,all summer long ,since you been gone i got in a wreck ,an then got a deal on a donor ,so went v6 for the rest of the year ,no i feel like i can take my time working the ****** out of mine ,its all cosmetic ,thank god ???wondered where your at