95 v6 tt?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 01:13 AM
Default 95 v6 tt?

Hello!
I'll start with a little about me and my car, then get into the project and some of my questions and concerns. Thank you in advance for any help given!

My name is Logan, and I'm the third owner of a 95 V6 3.4L Auto. I bought it from my Uncle last summer, kind of in a pinch. I was never a huge fan of Chevy or Camaros...(I was a huge Mustang fan......) however, this car has completely changed my mind. Its a beautiful Blue, with T-tops. She's at 170k, original everything except some chrome wheels that my Uncle bought in the 12 years he owned it. But enough about that, time for the fun stuff.
I want to turbo it. I have a 91 Eclipse GSX, and as my first turbo car, I fell in love. I want to share that love with my summer lover. I'm not sure if I should go twin, or not.
Cost is somewhat of a concern. I'd like to spend less than 1500 on parts.
Now for some of my questions...
Can I turbo with stock internals?
Can I turbo with stock trans?
Turbo with stock drivetrain?
What systems are decent priced for single or twin turbo?
Do I have to remove the engine from the car to do the turbo setup?

Thank you again in advance, and I hope to hear back from someone!
I will post pictures soon enough

Old 03-21-2016, 11:04 AM
4th Gear Member

I will try to answer your questions in order.

1. $1500 isn't really enough to safely turbo the car.

2. You can. But longevity is in question, especially with 170k miles. You may be able to push 2-3lbs of boost and not kill it...but that's not really worth the expense.

3. Nope. Trans isn't gonna like it with those miles.

4. If you swapped to a one piece driveshaft you'd be okay. Rear would be okay.

5. I don't know prices.

6. Yes. And a lot of other stuff. There isn't much room under the hood of these cars. The body was formed around the engine so it's meant to be a tight squeeze.

With that said. I wouldn't spend money on the 3.4. They're not the best engines GM built. They are meant for someone who just likes the look of a Camaro, but doesn't actually want the performance. My old Buick Century could keep up with a 3.4 Camaro.

To turbo the car and turbo it right, would involve a complete overhaul of the engine and trans at a minimum. And by the time you're done with it, you will have way more money in it than it's worth.

If you like the car keep it and drive it. Just enjoy it for what it is and save your money. I don't like telling some one they shouldn't do something...but this is an exception I have to make.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:25 AM

I appreciate you telling me that. Thank you, I'll save my money and get a better one, or something more worth building. Not that it wouldn't be fun, but more or less just a waste of money lol.

Not saying I won't do other things, but a turbo is a bit much for it haha.

Thank you again

Old 03-24-2016, 10:06 AM
November 2010 ROTM
October 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I had a built 3.4 which you can read the build thread in my sig, it was still poo. Save up a few years and get a nice Z28 or SS car.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:26 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

yep keep it nice and sell it then upgrade to z28 or ss. once you drive a z/ss you will be hooked.

Old 03-24-2016, 12:08 PM
4th Gear Member

parts are so hard to get for 3.4l,so the guys are right ,some get 3.8l then upgrade to lsx 5.3l or bigger for sleeper car ,but one need to be mechanic an a good one for that one ,like I said in another thread just babey it until you can get z28 ,people will try to race you ,again let them win,they think you may have v8 ,trucks are the biggest ones I get with my 3.8l that try to race me ,just enjoy the looks of a fine car for now,even my 406 I just let them win at lights ,theres to many things to break when going fast ,your average Nissan will beat you ,they were made for fun an long high miles ,again like said you should get another 75.000 out of it if it seasonal ,then just save over next 5 years an get what you want,some guys get 300.000 out of those

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 03-24-2016 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:31 AM

Advice taken. Thank you all. I'll probably just fix her up and possibly do some suspension mods and possibly exhaust. But only because it's kinda boring as she sits. Don't get me wrong, I love her to death and I won't be giving her up anytime soon.

Again, thanks!

Old 03-25-2016, 06:09 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

well post up some pictures,,, photobucket works good, open free account, download pictures, copy img code to your post and picture shows, i think its 680 on the big side for picture size. heres one of tokeland thats probly to big... lol

Name:  P3110006_zpsa892b4a4.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  49.5 KB

Last edited by craby; 03-25-2016 at 06:36 PM.