95 Camaro Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Default 95 Camaro Build

Ok, First I'll say I'm relatively new to the whole forum thing, so bear with me on these.
So I just purchased a 1995 Camaro about a week ago. It has the original engine and tranny. Only thing that I am aware of that is not original in the car is the driver side fender and front bumper. Those were replace due to a minor fender bender from the first owner.
Currently I do have a few things that I know have to be taken care of such as the minor oil leak I have (nothing hindering the engines integrity) and the AC doesn't work (assuming it just needs more Freon which is an easy fix)
---My plan thus far for the car after these two minor fixes is to replace the fender/front bumper and have the car repainted/custom air brush.
---Have the interior redone, possibly have the Camaro leather seating done.
---Possibly convert it to a T-top.
---I want to have a super charger installed but I'm not quite sure which one to get, and I'm not sure if I want to change out the 3.4L V6.
---Also the model I have is an automatic tranny, That I know will be getting changed out (personally I hate automatics, manuals are the best =P)

If there is anything else people could suggest I'd love to hear ideas, I welcome them all. This is one car I've always wanted (would rather have had the Iroc-Z but I won't complain with this one)

Please speak you mind freely, criticism, tips, pointers, and all forms of help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Name:  5Le5I35Jf3G33L23l1c4ac2c7395b74b01e5e.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  34.8 KB

Old 04-18-2012, 08:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome, looks like you have a good idea of what you want to do. Glad to see more 3.4's around here.

Keep us posted

Old 04-19-2012, 08:46 PM

Well minor set back today.
Woke up this morning, to my starter completely shot.
Couldn't do anything with it had to replace it, so there's 100 bucks spent and 4 hours of my day.
Didn't realize removing the starter from this model was such a pain in the butt. Installing took all of about 15 minutes. Upside is, hopefully, I won't have to worry about a new starter again for quite a long while.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:01 AM
April 2012 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Supercharger? I would prob just do a v8 swap if your looking for power.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:17 AM

Thats what I was thinking about. But I've never done an engine swap and I don't have the money to pay an auto shop where I live. These places are WAY over charging people these days for their services.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:03 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

the 4th gen camaro is motor and trans specfic. to change either from stock takes more than just switching the motor or trans. the cost is very much prohibitive. if you want a v8 manual trans 4th gen then sell yours and buy one. you will be money ahead.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:53 PM

Here's one for everyone, if I could get some help. There's an oil leak where the pan is. It's not the gasket, actually just got done replacing that today, ensuring no tears, rips, or holes in the gasket after installing. The leak is some where near the front of the oil pan. I'm not 100% sure where, but that's there it is dripping from. Anyone have any idea what else could be causing this leak? Should I just have the pan replaced just to be sure or what? Kinda stuck on a stump at the moment.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:31 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

it would be best to do a good cleaning so the oil can be tracked. i would suspect the front seal of the intake manifold. what side of the pan? are you sure is oil and not steering fluid?

Old 04-26-2012, 04:21 PM
4th Gear Member

I concur with the others in if you want more power, better off selling and spending the money on a V8/M6 because that's more cost effective. And since you want T-tops, shoot for one that has them too. I have nothing against the V6s...just more cost effective to buy a V8 for more power. Plus, the mpg trade off is 2-3 mpgs.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:06 PM

well after getting to car over to one of the auto shops around here and asked him if i could put it on the hydraulic lift to get a good look under the car, we found that it is the pan itself leaking. Seems to be a minor crack in the pan right above the exhaust pipe. So I'm going tomorrow to order a new pan. On the matter of the V8, one of the reason I ended up buying this one instead of a Z28 with the V8 in it, is mainly because if I do decide to put a bigger engine in the car, its more then likely be either a 350 small block or a 454, so either way if I do decide to up the engine, it would still require me to swap the engine lol. Also with me doing all of this it's giving me great experience with working with cars, seeing this is my first time working this thoroughly on a car, and I'm loving every minute of it lol.

Quick Reply: 95 Camaro Build