94 camaro sbc 383 swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 12:07 PM
4th Gear Member
Default .quages

[QUOTE=torque_is_good;703494]keep posting please
.. this one is good to saves room ,what are you going to do about heat in the car ,I would have put the start button in another spot ,saved the heat cluster,,i wanted a .stereo to ,some put .them in .glove.box ,these can go .almost any spot my tach .keep it small was 15.00 works great ,I had another was way to big ,big.in these cars doas not work these attach great sideways any way you want ,they go great on side on shifting .console they sell just the cups like 3 for $5.00

Attached Thumbnails 94 camaro sbc 383 swap-dscn7580.jpg  

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 07-20-2015 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by torque_is_good
keep posting please

the biggest challenge I always have (and I'm serious here) is how to make a customization appear like it belongs. For example, how to trim that triple-guage os it appears like it was put there by the factory.

Now, if I had the materials and tools of some of the TV shows then OK, but I don't. I've bought sheet metal, tried plastic, tried caulk (yes household caulk) to fill in those nicks and dings that I always have when I use a jig saw to cut the sheet metal or plastic for my bezels.
Yeah I agree, installing them is easy, making them look like they are meant to be there tho is a completely different story.

I wont have heat nor ac, so I decided to get rid of that panel, and I wanted to keep the radio so that slot is off limits. I might be able to get something drawn on 3d and have the guys at my work router it, we'll see ha

Old 07-22-2015, 10:06 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

So this is not a daily driver? Are you sure no heat is OK with your inspection? Defogger is required in many States as part of the states inspection. If you have ever driven a car without a defogger you know why.

Old 07-23-2015, 05:42 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Gorn
So this is not a daily driver? Are you sure no heat is OK with your inspection? Defogger is required in many States as part of the states inspection. If you have ever driven a car without a defogger you know why.
I don't think ill have to do an inspection here in ND, for all the state is concerned the car is still a 94 Camaro and we don't have any emissions requirements. Also no the car won't be a daily driver, I mean it will be street legal but it will see the strip more than the road. You do have a really good point tho, the question is where else am I going to put the switches without them looking so out of place... I also considered the center console but I didn't want to have a hole in it for the wires, maybe tho that's what I'll do.

Old 07-23-2015, 05:49 AM
In the Staging Lanes

On another note, the headers came this week and they look awesome and fit really tight down by the collectors which is great. I spent the extra money to have them polished and coated with high temp paint, I could have done it myself but it would not have looked as nice. I will take a picture tonight after I get back from work. Btw do you guys know if anyone makes a low profile distributor? With the one I have in it right now everything clears but I don't have any room to put some sheet metal over it to cover the hole.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:02 PM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I found this on the Web, is it wrong?

Question: What is a North Dakota State Vehicle Safety Inspection?

"Answer: North Dakota requires this yearly safety inspection to make sure that all vehicles used on public roads are in good condition and safe to drive. The goal is to catch any damage or issues with vehicles before they cause an accident. The North Dakota state safety inspection can be performed by any official North Dakota Department of Transportation service station. Any such station will have a sign to let you know they are an official DOT service station. The following are checked during the safety inspection: brake system, body and chassis, defrost, electrical system, exhaust system, fuel system, glass and mirrors, horn, lighting system, odometer, steering, suspension, tires, and windshield wipers/washing system. Your vehicle will also be checked for any signs of tampering with your emissions system."

PA did the same thing with their Safety inspection in areas that did not have emission inspection. Some how verifying the emission system was intact became a "safety" requirement. Its funny in emission areas we have a 2500 mile exempt rule. Meaning if you drive the car less then 2500 miles since last years inspection you are exempt for any emission requirements. The areas that do NOT have emission do not have a exempt rule so owning a hopped up toy is easier in emission areas.

Last edited by Gorn; 07-24-2015 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:30 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I don't know where you found that but I have never heard of such a thing.. I own 4 vehicles and have never have to go through that over here. The only time your vehicle is checked and only to make sure all your lights and signal are working is before the driving exam. It might be a thing but it's either optional or not enforced.

Old 07-25-2015, 03:43 PM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I just searched ND state inspection and that was the first hit. I tried it again and it is the only hit so I guess it is some BS garage. Might be one of the reasons there are no guides for this swap. What is legal in one state is not in another. Heck in PA what is legal in one county is not in the one next to it. Build a car get inspected, move 5 miles down the road and it is no longer legal.

Last edited by Gorn; 07-25-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:59 PM
4th Gear Member

I would have heat fo.r rain storms as your windows can fog up fast then you cant see being in the wrong place can couse accident ,when I was driving the 3800 home yesterday I .had AC on then it poured rain I needed to put defrost on ,then could not see had to stop right where I was ,that is where a towel comes in handy though,hear in NH you need heat,yes from one state to another can be like another country

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 07-25-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:16 PM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Any updates?

Quick Reply: 94 camaro sbc 383 swap