your opinions on generations???

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 07:40 PM
1st Gear Member
Default your opinions on generations???

ok so i have a 1980 second gen right now.i built it and all but im havin nothin but problems with it.once i get it all straitend out im probably gonna be tired of the car.(i get bored pretty quick) but i was thinkin of tryin to get a 4th gen[less headaches still tons of power=)] so what do you guys think ?i have never driven a 4th gen camaro but from the vidioes ive seen it doesnt take alot to give them a whole lotta *****.(im thinkin ls1 by the way) but should i do that or continue to build up my second gen......just wanna alittle input from some 4th gen owners...thx

Old 09-23-2007, 07:46 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: your opinions on generations???

there not as easy as u would think yes in a way they r easyier to sup up from stock but i think anyone in here will tell to work on them is a pain in the *** they r easy to work on if u pull the eng but even that is hard if u don't have the right gear to do it cause it has to b droped from the bottom not the top... in my opinion u have less work with a sec gen, but that is just me.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:59 PM
1st Gear Member

i kno supin them up is a bigger pain cuz the motors crammed in there..but i was sayin they rip pretty hard stock so i probably wouldnt mess with it alot...like my car now i havent gotten to make it better cuz everytime i drive it needs somthin else...i wanna tinker cuz i feel like it..not cuz im forced too....but thats after 2 summers of under the hood at least 2-3 hours a day....i still dont get to enjoy my car...once all the bugs are otu i might feel diffrent....but right now im so frustraited witht he car i wish i had somthin newer

Old 09-23-2007, 09:16 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I had a 1968 chevelle SS with a 396 350 horse with a 4 speed, loved the car and it had lots of power but my WS6 would smoke the **** out of it with less horse and more comfortable, either way if i were in your spot i would get the newer car and then wish i had the old one back, but if i kept the old i would always still want a newer one, is the 1980 worth much or can you keep it, dont give it away and keep it if its possible to have both, and oh ya my chevelle was a money pit and a full time job on its own as most old cars are, glad someone else decided they had to have it.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:22 PM
3rd Gear Member

As brody said, if you could you should keep the 2nd gen and get a 4th. Then you will have something to satisfy you until you get your 2nd gen going good. Then once you have that done you will have two great cars.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:27 PM
1st Gear Member

ive done some reserch around and i figured if i just cleaned up the car..like loose wires and such askin 3500-4000 wuldnt be outragouse cuz its not junk just always in need of repair.and like i kno that isnt enough to get a newer car.so think im always gonna be thinking of the newer car but keepin the old one.cuz i dont kno anything about the new ones so i have a better chance of keepin the old one on the road.like ill end up putting alluminum heads and a new rear and the old one will just continously get better.like ive ahd it on the road for 2 days so far so it probably dumb to try and decide now.ive just ahd so many problems with this car getting ti to this poitn all the stuff goin wrong it takin me to the edge....but ill probably sell it buy a newer car and end up selling the newer car for an old one again.....thats just the way i am i love so many diffrent cars that im gonna go through them eft and right till i either drive all the ones i ever wanted too or coem across one i just cant part with...

Old 09-24-2007, 12:18 AM
1st Gear Member

to be honest I have an lt1 4th gen adn love it, but I also have a 2nd gen that I am almost done restoring/ modding. pretty soon it will have a whole new front subframe with coil overs and rack and pinion, a four link rear, and an LS1 with the T56 and fuel injection. It shoudl fly once completed.

So I am gonna get the best features of a 4th gen, with the ability to actually put my hand on every spark plug within the engine bay.