Yes, another crank sensor post

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 04:06 PM
Default Yes, another crank sensor post

Hello, I'm new to the forums. I've read several posts from the past and found that this topic doesn't usually go to far but it's worth a shot anyway.

I have a 95 Camaro with the 3.4L engine. It started out by sometimes not even turning over because the security light wouldn't go off. I would unplug the battery for 10+ minutes and that would fix it but it had also recently started stuttering when I would start it and act like it was trying to backfire until it warmed up. After idling to temp it would run just fine, no stuttering or backfires.

The other day I took it on a road trip back home (100 mile trip from where I live now) and it ran perfectly fine almost the entire way there and then all of a sudden it stopped running and I was stuck on the side of the road and it wouldn't start back up. After it sat a few minutes it started back up and I was able to drive about 6 feet and it died again so I had it towed to a local shop that I trust. At first we all thought fuel pump went out but they said after testing and "wiggling" the sensor around they were sure it was the crankshaft engine position sensor and they got the car to start while they were wiggling it around.

Since this is a discontinued part I've looked everywhere I can think of from big auto parts stores to lesser known ones and even junk yards and I can't find this piece anywhere.

Does anyone have a solution or know where I can get this part at?