WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! POWERSTEERING PUMP BOLT! RRRRRRR

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 03:19 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! POWERSTEERING PUMP BOLT! RRRRRRR

Sparty.....all you need is to get rid of your mechanic and learn how to do it. Performance cars are prone to problems,more oftenused ones. If I may ask, how old are you? Please dont take offense to this. You seem to do alot of *****ing about your car, so I am taking for granted you are a teenager. You will realize that toys are just that, toys.. And as a child I broke alot of mine. I have a 99 V6 that I drive like itsa V8. Why? Because its my second car and if it breaks, I can fix it. But I also realize that the more I beat on it, the more problems are going to surface. So take this all into consideration. ****s gonna happen, you will get pissed but life goes on. I'm not trying to sound like an ***, if anything I am trying to shed some light on the subject. In a perfect world stuff would last forever, it doesnt, thats why we have tools and mechanics. Dont give up on it, fix it and drive it like it should be, and understand that the more abuse or hard driving you do, the more probs are going to happen.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:32 PM
4th Gear Member

No no no, I understand where your coming from but I dont have the money or time to repair it myself... im sure i could sit down and fix my powersteering bolt.. but this car has cost me over 2000 since i bought it because the guy who owned it before me did his own work by pulling the engine and fixing the head gasket and porting the heads.. the engine is in really bad repair.. i really dont want to get rid of it but its done nothing but cost me money... i love this car.. but i bought it because i was too eager to get a V8 to have a mechanic look at it and i got jipped into buying a lemon.. i cant get ahold of the previous owner anymore to ask what he did to this poor car which would save me time..

As for learning how to do it myself.. somethings i can do somethings i cant.. like i said if i sat down i could put in a new bolt.. id have to take out my altenator and reverse thread the broken bolt but i know i could do it. its just nice to know that if anything breaks its covered by his warranty. If i didnt have to go to school today id be working on it right now.

Im 18 btw lol.. i ***** about alot of stuff.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:22 PM
3rd Gear Member

Have paitence my good friend. Just think of it this way. You could be having all these same problems on a ford also. Be glad its a Bow Tie.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:49 PM
4th Gear Member

Lol, yeah... I just hope this is the last problem i have.. otherwise ill be looking for another car... preferably an older car that has a carb set upso its not so damn expensive... and i can work on it myself.. Until things get unbearable cost wise with my Camaro ill learn as much as i can...

Hell this weekend ill be addressing two problems my powersteering bolt and my mechanic surmisedthat the cause may have been my alternator but he doesnt kno for sure kuz he hasnt seen the car yet. What he told me is that my alternator spins too freely (which it does) meaning something is wrong with the bearing and it may have siezed up causting the p/s to snap off the bolt. What do you guys think?

Old 10-10-2007, 04:29 PM
3rd Gear Member

I have always been a carb guy..But here in Boston, FUEL INJECTION!!!!!!!!!! Nothing better than starting it and watching it run from inside the house where its nice and warm..And BTW...I want to apologise to any Cleveland Indian fans in advance, and anybody going up against the Pats..

Old 10-10-2007, 05:33 PM
4th Gear Member

Lol... yeah.. I like the sox and the pats too but im in washington haha. Anyway. Ill just see what happens this weekend with my car and go from there.