WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! POWERSTEERING PUMP BOLT! RRRRRRR

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 09:30 PM
4th Gear Member
Default WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! POWERSTEERING PUMP BOLT! RRRRRRR

The friggin bolt for my powersteering pump/pulley snapped in half!! WTF!!! I just dropped 1770 on my car and now this! RRRR.. My mechanic said he would look at it and fix it for free... but why would it just snap like that (luckily my serp belt just slid off and didnt snap..)

Old 10-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! POWERSTEERING PUMP BOLT! RRRRRRR

Due to age and the way your previous owner treated it, would be my reasoning behind that.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:40 PM
3rd Gear Member

The power steering pully snapped off. That is the second time in a week I have come across this problem.. Never before have I heard this. The 1 ton GMC @ work just had the same thing happen..Unfortunatally the idiot driving it never realized it and fried the motor possibly. Same thing with the serp belt, just fell off.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:56 PM
4th Gear Member

Yeah.. one of the two bolts just sheared right off... It jiggles now.. I started it up heard a small snap i was like wtf.. began to drive realized i had no power steering and i prayed my belt didnt shred again.. popped the hood and realized my bolt had snapped so i called my mechanic.. luckily i hadnt left my house quite yet lol.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:06 PM
4th Gear Member

Im guessing it wouldnt be hard to fix but now its 8pm and i dont have a new bolt.. if i could just get back to my dads house id be golden.. unfortunately ive had a bit to drink and im screwed... lol... I just needa new bolt and i need to get the old one out... Its a matter of taking the alternator off and unscrewing the bolt thats intact.. My mechanic wants to look at it because he knows theres something that had to cause it... He suspects my alternator seizes up because the pulley on it spins REALLY easily so theres got to be something wrong with it... more money down the hole.. i might just sell my car for 5000-6000 and see what i can pick up.. maybe a nice 2nd or 3rd gen.. but i love my car... im stuck between a rock and a hard place... i love my car but i need something that runs and is easier to work on lol.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:42 AM
2nd Gear member

get a 98+ 4th gen. they're the best if u get a 3.8 they're a piece of cake to work on. all u gotta do to keep up with the corvettes and ls1's is gut the cats

Old 10-08-2007, 01:41 AM
4th Gear Member

F the V6... Ive been down the V6 road... im done with spending tons of money to go no where... Id rather spend tons of money and be right were i want to be lol [8D]. MAAAAYBE ill trade her or sell her for a 2nd,3rdor 4th gen Camaro.. but im not sure... Ive invested so much money into this car and driven it so little that its killing me.. Im ready to just give up but i dont want to quit on it... However its just one thing after another... the engine has been beaten so badly that i fear i cant save it without destroying what little bank i have.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:57 AM
2nd Gear member

get a better job then lol. or hope a rich uncle dies leaving you lots of money

Old 10-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Overdrive Member

If you buy another car, make sure this time to have a mechanic you trust give it a good look over. Problems aren't as bad when you know about them.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:38 PM
4th Gear Member

Yeah... Im thinkin about a Chevelle, Nova or Camaro... I may get another 4th gen Camaro but id rather get the Carbbed engine so its easier to work on and parts are more abundant making it faster for my mechanic to work on it or myself to work on.

Quick Reply: WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! POWERSTEERING PUMP BOLT! RRRRRRR