Windshield wiper problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 04:29 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Windshield wiper problem

Alright I suspect one of 2 things. The switch or the wiper motor. I'll take some thoughts from you guys who have owned camaro's a lot longer then I have.

Problem: Wipers only work on the High setting of the switch. When i switch them on high and turn them off, the wipers stop on the windshield wherever i shut them off at. However if I time it right and turn them off near the cowl, they will automatically go down to where their supposed to go.

Now the only other issue that the car as is the high beam. It will switch to high beam if i keep clicking the switch for them, but i have to keep clicking the switch to get them back to low beam. Not a real issue since i never use high beam, but it might be directly related to the wiper problem.

Anyhow feel free to give me your thought or suggestions.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:40 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wayne242
Alright I suspect one of 2 things. The switch or the wiper motor. I'll take some thoughts from you guys who have owned camaro's a lot longer then I have.

Problem: Wipers only work on the High setting of the switch. When i switch them on high and turn them off, the wipers stop on the windshield wherever i shut them off at. However if I time it right and turn them off near the cowl, they will automatically go down to where their supposed to go.

Now the only other issue that the car as is the high beam. It will switch to high beam if i keep clicking the switch for them, but i have to keep clicking the switch to get them back to low beam. Not a real issue since i never use high beam, but it might be directly related to the wiper problem.

Anyhow feel free to give me your thought or suggestions.
Have you tried tilting up the wheel like I suggested? Any difference?

Old 11-13-2012, 05:48 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Old 11-14-2012, 07:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Have you tried tilting up the wheel like I suggested? Any difference?
I think that may play a role in that problem. However as for the wipers i think its the wiper motor pulse board, I'm going to remove it and do some re-soldering to it later.