Why will only one of my headlights work.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 01:23 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by craby
lol, s10 wiring is not the same as the camaro. have you tried a new sealbeam yet. heres a wiring schematic http://shbox.com/1/headlight_chevy_1995.jpg

grounds g105 and g106 are by the top of the radiator on the left and right had sides. in the top of the bar that goes across.
Thanks for getting the guide but honestly thats really hard for me to follow and no I havent tried replacing any headlights yet but when you say s10 Isnt the same Im guessing I wont be able to look In the back of the light then try to find where the cords lead like I said I cant follow that map even when I look at.

Old 08-12-2011, 02:05 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

yes you can take the headlight out and check the connectors and inspect the wires to see if you can find a short or brake in it. test at the headlight connectors to see if they are getting power and a good ground. high beams have a black wire and a green wire, low beams have a black wire and a yellow wire. the lights on the right side are grounded to right on the crossbar and the left on the left side of it.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes

while S10 wiring diagram would be different, the concept of "everything has a power and ground" holds true. hence my suggestion, while falling on blind eyes and deaf ears (admits to not being able to read a map), to look for a failed ground.

i'm going to suggest selling the car, and buying a bicycle

Old 08-14-2011, 02:06 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

yah and under that concept a mustang is wired like a camaro. lol, and there was a time when i didnt understand wiring diagrams so hopefully the fellow will take the time to learn a bit on it. makes trouble finding electrical problems easier.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:28 PM
In the Staging Lanes

they are. they have a positive, and a negative connection on everything electrical.

OP--it's called an electrical circuit. you have to have a positive, and a negative.. aka "hot" and "ground" for a circuit to be complete. we've given you the most basic things to check, and you have yet to pull a headlight?

good luck on your future projects.

Last edited by bricooper78; 08-14-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:30 PM
In the Staging Lanes

i'm trying to give the guy basic information. if you learn the principles, and put it to good use, you can build on that info.

he sounds like he wants someone to go do it for him, not learn from advice.

/soapbox

Last edited by bricooper78; 08-14-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:12 PM
2nd Gear member

Alright I found the headlights Im going to buy but I was wondering If I should bring the car Into a auto shop to have them check like the wiring and check If there Is anything wrong thats making the lights go bad because It seems weird that 3 headlights would go out but Im not sure how much that would cost to bring In and have a guy check out anyone have any Ideas.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:09 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

if you feel you can do it change the headlights and see if thats it. headlights are way easier to change than the dang driving/fog lights.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:37 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by craby
if you feel you can do it change the headlights and see if thats it. headlights are way easier to change than the dang driving/fog lights.
I could probably change the headlights I Just didnt wanna buy new ones because that will cost almost a hundred bucks then Install them and have them blow or something like that because maybe there Is a wiring problem.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:27 PM
2nd Gear member

I'm hoping this is just a really stupid question, and it's not a part of your problem, but you do know that all four lights don't turn on when you turn your lights on right? The two outside lights turn on when you turn the switch on, and the other two turn on when you flip the high beam switch. I would assume this is common sense, but you never know.

Quick Reply: Why will only one of my headlights work.