Who knows how to Install egr valve. 1994 camaro v6. Help me thanks.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 06:44 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
The problem is the shape of the tank which makes the gauge inaccurate you'll notice you can go really far from full to half and about a quarter that from half to empty
Alright your saying I can travel awhile on full to half. But half to empty 4 times faster. I think I understand what your saying. Thanks for helping.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:26 PM
1st Gear Member

If it helps, I think at full I can go about 310 Miles. I have the same car as you. I went to 300 before fill up (didn't wanna run outta gas a second time), and I averaged about 19.5. So Id assume you can hit around the vicinity of 17-20. Of course thats with conservative driving. As for a code reader Id search around this site.

Check Engine Light OBD2 OBDII scan tool OBD

Old 07-22-2011, 09:14 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by tjsmar
If it helps, I think at full I can go about 310 Miles. I have the same car as you. I went to 300 before fill up (didn't wanna run outta gas a second time), and I averaged about 19.5. So Id assume you can hit around the vicinity of 17-20. Of course thats with conservative driving. As for a code reader Id search around this site.

Check Engine Light OBD2 OBDII scan tool OBD
That Information helps. I found a cheap gm code reader for around thirty dollars that I guess flashes a code then you look up that code to see whats wrong. I was thinking about buying that until my dad said that I can get a free code reading at the auto parts store. Well I guess I shouldnt waste thirty bucks If I can get a free code reading.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:27 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

1993-1997 LT1 F-Body Diagnostic Tools from Thunder Racing

might just wanna pay a shop to read it

Old 07-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Droid

Originally Posted by 94ChevyCamaroV6
I have been told that I cant buy a code reader for this car but then again I have been told that I could Idk what to believe of people saying I can or cant.
A cheap $30 code flasher won't work on your car. You will need a OBDI scanner, or a scanner that reads both OBDI & OBDII.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:57 PM
REN
1st Gear Member

Let me know what code you have. Auto zone usually can read a code for free. I think you may have a leak near the fuel pump. I have something similar going on, found crap in the EGR replacing it did not fix it. Cleaning it might help.

Also my tank is exactly what the others are saying, I get over 200 miles on the first half and maybe 100-125 on the second half.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:28 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by REN
Let me know what code you have. Auto zone usually can read a code for free. I think you may have a leak near the fuel pump. I have something similar going on, found crap in the EGR replacing it did not fix it. Cleaning it might help.

Also my tank is exactly what the others are saying, I get over 200 miles on the first half and maybe 100-125 on the second half.
Wierd I have less then 50 miles on the second half. I am not sure what the first half was. Because I bought the car with a half a tank. Leak near the fuel pump may make sense because there Is a decent size stain In my driveway from like oil or coolant or anti freeze who knows. Like when you say the same stuff happens on your car. Like Is your car seem like It Isnt running as powerfull as It should because I cant lay rubber with mine unless I hold the brake but besides that when I am going a normal speed like lets say 30 then I put the pedal to the floor It wont like hear that engine roar or Increase speed fast like they normally should mine Just simply goes as If I am pressing the pedal normally like It Increases speed slowly Idk It seems like all the power Isnt there.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:33 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
1993-1997 LT1 F-Body Diagnostic Tools from Thunder Racing

might just wanna pay a shop to read it
Well I am thinking of taking It up to a shop then seeing If they can find out why the service engine soon light Is on. When I bought the car the guy said It would need a egr valve. But who knows. The Is also a stain In my driveway of something that came from the car who knows what but I also noticed that each time that I start the car when I drive the vehicle I get like a quick headache. It Isnt like It happens when I drive any other vehicles. But when I drive this car I get a Instant headache Idk my friend told me that It means something but I forgot but the stain along with the headache crap might mean there Is also a thing wrong with the car but obviously something Is leaking. The car also needs a left front tie rod end which I will have to get fixed. I paid 1900 for this car with 161,000 miles that needs a egr valve along with a left front tie rod end because the front end shakes. I am wondering If I got ripped off on this car.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:35 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Do you know it needs the tierod end or did the po tell you that a shaking front end could be bad alignment unbalanced tires don't forget tierod ends require front end alignment

Old 07-23-2011, 12:44 AM
1st Gear Member

id suggest throwing a lotta cardboard under the car, locate where its leaking from, and keep pinpointing it from there. Plus you might be able to look and the cardboard and smell if its gas, oil, etc.

Quick Reply: Who knows how to Install egr valve. 1994 camaro v6. Help me thanks.