Whats wrong with these subs.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 04:52 PM
2nd Gear member
Default Whats wrong with these subs.

This Is a video of my sub Im wondering whats wrong with the sub.

Whats wrong with my 10 Inch JL Audio sub. - YouTube

Old 08-11-2011, 09:11 PM
2nd Gear member

Those things, especially that first one, are in ****ty condition TBH. That is the problem...weren't you the one who posted about these? Why why would buy them if they had the cracks in it...?

Old 08-11-2011, 09:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, those don't seem to be in good condition bro. You can try and use them, but I'd definitely save up for something better. Also, I pronounce the name Scosche like scotch and bosh mixed, scosh, lol.

Save up and get some kickers or something cheep and good quality.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:52 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Guitar
Those things, especially that first one, are in ****ty condition TBH. That is the problem...weren't you the one who posted about these? Why why would buy them if they had the cracks in it...?
Well are you talking about how to wire a subwoofer thread then yes that was my post but this wont have anything to do with wiring a subwoofer thats why I made a new thread.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:55 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Spatfieya
Yeah, those don't seem to be in good condition bro. You can try and use them, but I'd definitely save up for something better. Also, I pronounce the name Scosche like scotch and bosh mixed, scosh, lol.

Save up and get some kickers or something cheep and good quality.
Thats the thing though I bearly understand anything about amps like mono two channel all the specs of them the db etc Its confusing which says that I wont understand what to buy. I tried craigslist but there Isnt stuff In my area. I would consider buying new but dont wanna spend 400-500 bucks for a system. Then take a chance at blowing the subs because Idk wtf Im doing lol Its all confusing on what to buy whats the best for the money etc.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:19 AM
March 2012 Ride of the Month
ROTM Winner's Club

To let you know the sound you hear is the coil of wire inside the magnet is rubbing the magnet. This means the suspension of the sub is gone(which is the cracked rubber on the outside). The sub is basically junk and the right is staring to go. Somebody pushed the subs way past their peak RMS for way too long. Save up like suggested.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:29 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 305_camaro
To let you know the sound you hear is the coil of wire inside the magnet is rubbing the magnet. This means the suspension of the sub is gone(which is the cracked rubber on the outside). The sub is basically junk and the right is staring to go. Somebody pushed the subs way past their peak RMS for way too long. Save up like suggested.
Well I havent tried to run these yet but are you saying the subs were a 125 watt rms a piece the amp was a 550 watt amp are you saying thats bad. I was thinking about only running one of the subs for a bit. But then again a 125 rms sub against 550 watt amp would blow that quick right or Is there a way I can change the amp to only be like 300 watts power. When you say that your making It sound like If I only ran one sub with that amp It would blow.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:39 AM
ROTM Winner's Club

That amp is probably rated at 550 watts altogether. That means its only pushing 225 watts each to left and right. You also have to consider what the subs are and how many ohms they are a piece and what the amp is capable of handling. Try checking out this site Car Alarm, Car Stereo, Mobile Video, and Cruise Control Info for Installers. I used it to wire mine up. Also the amp won't blow the sub as long as its not turned up to full power.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:49 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 305_camaro
That amp is probably rated at 550 watts altogether. That means its only pushing 225 watts each to left and right. You also have to consider what the subs are and how many ohms they are a piece and what the amp is capable of handling. Try checking out this site Car Alarm, Car Stereo, Mobile Video, and Cruise Control Info for Installers. I used it to wire mine up. Also the amp won't blow the sub as long as its not turned up to full power.
Alright well If you are wondering about the ohms the sub Is a ten Inch Jl sub w1 - 8 the eight means It has 8 ohms.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:30 PM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 94ChevyCamaroV6
Alright well If you are wondering about the ohms the sub Is a ten Inch Jl sub w1 - 8 the eight means It has 8 ohms.
Yes thats what it is. I googled it.

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with these subs.