what do you think about this color?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Default what do you think about this color?

I have a 1994 Z28 and she has been down for a month now,(its killing me!) I'm known around town not by my name but by my car, I've had lots of guys offer to buy her but shes not for sale (taking her to the grave with me, along with my Harley Davidson[8D]) I'm not sure if I have a cracked head or seal (white smoke from the head when i start it) anyway I'm deeply thinking about making her a street legal drag car cuz I love speed and I couldn't bare to have her sit just to race. she is now metallic red,my rims are off of a corvette and thats what makes me look different from the others around town and no one has my hood scoop. I had my heart set on orange with blk racing stripes but as soon as I said it out loud I seen onein town just like it,(hasn't ran in years)so I want to be different and I'm thinking now of "florescent yellow" with blk racing stripes. would you like to see that on the road (couldn't miss me[:-]even in the dark!) has anyone seen a Z28 painted like that?? what ever color I paint the car I decided to just get the plain black racing seats in case I decide to change the paint., what do ya think ???? on the back of my car now I painted "BAD *** TOYS AIN'T JUST FOR BOYS " and everyone gets a kick out of it young and old, but If I painted it this color I may change it to 'LIL BUMBLE BEE" so my fellow camaro lovers tell me what ya think

Old 07-30-2007, 05:34 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: what do you think about this color?

it's hard and expensive to do a color change. so you dont have to change engine bay or trunk color( you'd still have to do inside of door) keep it a res, maybe a darker red, like a candy paint, or a silver flake, or hey, even Pink!..ish.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:56 PM
1st Gear Member

I normally hate yellow cars but Camaro's seem to pull it off rather well. Personally I think it would look badass, ahell of a lot better than orange. The only orange Camaro I've ever seen and liked have all been 67's to 69's. While ninetysix does have a point about cost, if you have the means I'd go with yellow and stripes like you described. Good luck with the build.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Dominos Puck
New Formula! Now with 10% more Win!

I vote against fluorescent yellow. I think it would look gaudy. I think hugger orange 4th gens can look cool. I think it would look better as solid orange rather than orange with black stripes. What might look cool (and different) is to have the car black with orange stripes - it would either look totally crappy or awesome as hell. Won't know until you spend a few grand and find out.

EDIT:
I was just doing a google search for orange 4th gens and ran across this: (wtf)

[IMG]local://upfiles/5989/7896B34A62634C18AF2234E399A4A35A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-30-2007, 10:14 PM

I call pink for my car

sorry girl

Hahah!!

Old 07-31-2007, 02:07 AM
Overdrive Member

Whoever turned that Camaro into a freakin' pickup(ish) should be found and shot immediatly! That's just wrong.

As far as the color, I think a super bright yellow would look a bit...well, ricer "hey look at me look at me!" sort of thing. I'm kinda feelin' the black with orange stripes...I think that'd look pretty cool.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:00 AM
In the Staging Lanes

My best friend has a '69 that's painfully yellow with flat blackaccents and gloss black "hockey" stripes. It's not a Z,SS, or RS...but if he parks next to you no one will even SEE your car. It's the contrast between the yellow & black that works so well. I'm not a MOPAR guy by any stretch of the imagination, but one of the best examples of black-on-yellow is the late 60's Challanger. I have to warn you though, it took my budthree tries to find the right yellow. Ninetysixyenko is correct, it won't be cheap to have it done right and Puck90a isdead on about "Won't know until you spend a few grand and find out."You have to payyour dues tolook fast, cool, different, and classy all at the same time.Not to be a ****, butI don't care for text onCamaros at all, unless someone's paying you to putit there...stickers included.
The white smokecould becoolantburning in the cylinders and then leakingoff under max pressure. I'd guess you need a head gasket. Did you overheat in traffic or something? Fan crap out? It's a pain in the *** to get to the back two plugs to do a leak-down test but it would confirm or disprove the head gasket.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:19 PM

mcdour, hey yes, my maro shot up to 260 on my way home from a store and was only driving it for about 2 miles when it happened, and the guy that towed it checked it out and saidthe temp was right where it should be(he used some kind of gadget) and thought the gage was messing up,he did the leak-down test and it showed nothing so i took it home,went to work that night and white smoke was pouring out of the hood scoop,i checked my radiator and it was bone dry and no smoke from the front end(but full before I left for work,and I see no wet spots on the ground,so I don't know where its going) so something happened to it on my way to work in 13 miles. my car has sat for a month now but it will still start right up,my radiator is brand new i got a new one last year, I also had a new heater coil put in and it only puts out 50 degrees so yeah its not to hot in the winter! my fan was also tied into my fuse box so it never shut off until i shut the car off put i had that fixed a few months ago and I'd love to ask the guy who owned the car before me what the hell he was thinking! none of the good stuff works (no, high beams, no horn, no interior lights,mileage,cant shut off my fog lights,and only 1 speaker works,I have buttons on the radio what don't work and then some) I heard a 17 yr.old boy had it and raced it with nitro but unsure,don't get me wrong I've been asked to race some of the 80's around here and blew them away so the car still has her pep, I think its an ego thing when i guy asks me if the car is mine andI say yes, they try and show out until i pass them (poor boys,lol)I was thinking I neededa new computer and I don't know if I would be better off rebuilding the 350LT1 or what, I also heard you have to remove the shell of the car to even work on it. oh about the paint job, my husbands friend owns a body shop so I wont have to pay full price to have the car painted,and yes other dream car would be the '69 charger just like the general lee,thats why I love the orange color.I just like to be different hey you only live once,lol and yes it seems girls can get away with alittle more in the color choice of a car,but pink does look nice on men too ha ha! and my comment to puck90a pic he found is WHY WHY WHY?? a maro should NEVER be a pick up. I understand maro's may be a lot harder to work on and my husband and his friends keep on me to sell her but I'm in love with it and the day I went out looking to buy a car I was going to get the brand new camaro but seen this baby sitting at a used car lot and had to take her home,she just needs a lil love and well yes lots of money but now a days everyone has the new camaro and not to many of the older ones, I do like the new maros and was thinking about getting one in orange when these babies come out but to me just like when the mustangs came out everyone (silly people) ran out to get one and now thats all you see, so I believe the same will happen with the maros and I want to stay ....old school-ish, and yes I admit I do like a lil head turner every once in awhile is why I thought yellow/black would work, I should add I would put black on the mirrors,door handles,top piece by the t-tops,and the wingon the back, and black out the word camaro. thanks guys for your input I'm taking it all in!

Old 07-31-2007, 07:23 PM
Dominos Puck
New Formula! Now with 10% more Win!

I read your post wannaride. I'm not bashing you for a long post (I've done my share), but while I was reading it I couldn't help but think of Boomhauer from King of the Hill. The way you wrote it, it's all kinda run together, and I was reading it fast. So as I was reading it (out loud sorta) I sounded like Boomhauer.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:38 PM

Thanks punk90a I get alot of that (talk to fast) since I moved from CT. to AR. I don't normally type like that but I was trying to get it all out there...and fast...lol the best thing of all is I love king of the hill

Quick Reply: what do you think about this color?