Updates and records of my car.

Old 10-11-2015, 06:29 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

doesnt sound like its the pump.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:58 AM
1st Gear Member

@craby
I'm wondering if it's just me being used to driving boats, and this being my first lighter car, honestly.

My first owned car was a '92 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, and it's got a lot of truck-grade parts on it, and the wheel you can just whip around. The steering on that thing has some punch to it, you could do everything with your pinky.

Then my second owned vehicle has been my '05 RAM 1500, which is tougher to turn than the the old boat was, but still pretty easy consider the size of the wheels and tires that it came with (factory optional oversize chrome).

Both the mercury and my truck had similar enough curb weight, so I'm used to how they drive. This is a bit lighter, and built quite a bit differently. Could just be me, honestly. All the fluids on the car were good from when I checked, but I don't know. Old cars, old parts, needs work.

@95 camaro 406
I'm honestly just trying to get the best quality ride I can out of this thing. What brand of shocks are you talking about that come in @ ~$250 on ebay, with mounts and springs?
And also, are the spring rates for the Z28/SS, or is it the 1LE or base model spring rates?
I want to keep it a little... *sigh*... 'sportier' feeling. I hate that term, because it shows how little I know about how spring rates affect ride quality.
I just want to help keep the body roll down, and the ride height the same, if not slightly lower, to keep it feeling tight, instead of a little lazy, and lolling a bit around like my truck.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:36 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i really like the sway bars from sam.

front is hollow
Name:  P7180005.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  69.5 KB
heres the new rear adjustable sway bar
Name:  P7180001.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  40.3 KB

heres the old front
Name:  P7180009.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  36.9 KB

Old 10-12-2015, 10:16 AM
1st Gear Member

They look a lot beefier, like it'll make a pretty notable difference to the body roll.

However unfortunately, unlike you craby, mine will never see track time. The stock bars are fine for my limited 'spirited driving' use.

The craziest I'll get is ordering up some of those Strano springs that they have over there. Minimal ride height drop, and a fairly generous spring rate increase. That, I know, will make it more of a log wagon on everyday roads, but it'll feel better over turns and whatnot.

If I don't do that, I'll end up getting progressive springs that more or less match the stock SS rates and drop it 1".

Old 10-12-2015, 10:26 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

they are great for dd big difference in roll control. also pick up a shock tower brace, controls front body flex. .

Old 10-12-2015, 10:28 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

koni have a second perch mount so you can lower front 3/4 inch with stock springs. is there something wrong with ride hight? stock springs work fine for ride quality.

Old 10-12-2015, 10:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Nothing wrong with ride height at all, the stock springs aren't sagging much on mine.

Just looking to lower it down about 3/4"-1" front and rear, or there about, and give it a more upright feel when driving.

I'll look at the sway bars after we get the shocks and mounts replaced.

@95 camaro 406

I'll get online here once we pull in, and I have better internet access, then I'll ebay search some shocks for it. If there's no spring rate listed though, I'm more keen to just pay more now and get the better the shocks, and do upgrade springs later.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:08 PM
4th Gear Member

i put some monroe, gaberiel air shocks in back for a few reasons ,they feel great ,plans for bigger tires an my exhaust sitting so low ,,guess just a personal thing is if the oem lasted 20 years ,i just dont see myself spending $550.00 for front shocks . that price was only one place the blistein ,but 250.00 would be my limmit kyb for that ,

Old 10-12-2015, 02:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Don't get me wrong, for daily driver stuff, and cheap upkeep, I'm all about that. My truck basically gets economy grade stuff, especially on the fact that I don't have a need to, or own anything that can be, towed.

The car here is my.... well I guess my toy for lack of better words. I've got my other hobby that I've been into for the longest time, RC, and it's just kind of lost it's shine to me due to locale. There's nowhere really in Jacksonville that supports it, and all of my 1/8th scale rigs have fallen way-side, needing parts and whatnot. I've put... I dunno... the upper side of $3,000 into everything, from stuff I don't own to the FIVE that I still cling onto, only really three of which are driveable, TWO of those three are the only ones that I use.

Figure it's time I started down-sizing that past-time down to probably... two total that I'll upkeep, all but one of the other three isn't even worth selling, and I'll be lucky to pull $500, if that, out of it.
I got my Savage which is my love child of upgrades, that's probably best left to keep, my Hot Bodies D8 and D8T, then an old discontinued Tamiya TRF 801XT, and an even older Team Associated RC10TC3 that I've had since I was... 12? Hell, that one's up at 12 years with me now, lol. Savage has been around about 3 years in my shelves.

Anyways...

My truck is game for my cheap parts, this one I'm just looking to get it fun, and ready to run and gun. I'm getting it daily driver capable, just in case, but it's main goal is a weekend fun runner.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:42 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

sam has set of 4 non adjustable koni's for 385. Strano Performance Parts - Parts Search dont know if they are rebuildable like the adjustable's. getting about time to have mine rebuilt.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Updates and records of my car.