UK Camaro issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

I don't think he needs the 100 mirror minimum

Old 12-04-2011, 11:24 AM
I Like to Party

Is that 4th gen specific? I did quite alot of research for the guy yesterday and couldn't come up with anything..

Old 12-04-2011, 11:38 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i think they are generic, imo they are not as nice looking as stock.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:46 AM
I Like to Party

Reminds me of the vette stock mirror, how sporty and small it is

Old 12-05-2011, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by March Hare
Hi Keith,

If you check out Maple Salvage in Essex, they are breaking a Camaro with folding mirrors. They are not too far from you.

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 V8 Spares Breaking Parts Dismantling | eBay

Folding mirrors are required in the UK and all over the EU as a saftey precaution. They say that if you hit a pedestrian with the mirror it will not do as much damage if the mirror gives (fold). Also it does help getting the car into our small garages at home.

Cheers Gerry

So if it gets hit it folds.. do they power fold as well? Is there a switch?

No they don´t power fold that has to be done manualy but they power adjust of course for view.

Heres a picture of mine. I agree they do not look as good as the US ones but heh, what can we do??

Cheers Gerry

Attached Thumbnails UK Camaro issues-image0018.jpg  

Last edited by March Hare; 12-05-2011 at 03:40 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:10 AM

Hi Keith,

If you check out Maple Salvage in Essex, they are breaking a Camaro with folding mirrors. They are not too far from you.

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 V8 Spares Breaking Parts Dismantling | eBay

Folding mirrors are required in the UK and all over the EU as a saftey precaution. They say that if you hit a pedestrian with the mirror it will not do as much damage if the mirror gives (fold). Also it does help getting the car into our small garages at home.

Cheers Gerry
Gerry,

Thanks, mate! I'll get on to them right away!

As for the rest of the comments - guys, you wouldn't believe how different things are over here in the UK. As an American working over here, it drives me absolutely nuts trying to get things done that are so easy at home. And the roads, and the parking spaces, are so unbelievably small that I have to really be careful where I drive, and finding a parking space that my Camaro will fit into is a nightmare sometimes. The Camaro doors make it really really hard to get in and out of the car in a "normal" parking space here. I usually just end up doing the "Dukes of Hazard" slide out the window move, but it looks a bit silly when you are in nice clothes or in uniform (I'm a commercial pilot). Still, after all is said and done, it's really satisfying watching people stop and take notice every time I drive by! I own an SS and also a Z28 back home in the states, and it feels good to be driving a Camaro over here. Makes me feel more at home, even though it's only got a little 3.4 V-6 in it. I am upgrading the hell out of the suspension, brakes and other drivetrain components, and when I'm done, going to do something with that litttle motor to get some more snort out it! Any suggestions? Headers, cam, maybe a turbo?

Old 12-05-2011, 08:23 AM
I Like to Party

Wait woah back up.. an SS.. with a 3.4?

Old 12-05-2011, 09:58 AM

Your welcome Keith,

Check out this website, it´s the UK site for the Camaro club. Alot of good guys on there with alot of knowledge about Camaro´s and "where to get what" May be of some help while you are in the UK.

The Camaro Club (UK) • Index page

Cheers Gerry

Old 12-05-2011, 10:12 AM
I Like to Party

Your welcome Keith,

Check out this website, it´s the UK site for the Camaro club. Alot of good guys on there with alot of knowledge about Camaro´s and "where to get what" May be of some help while you are in the UK.

The Camaro Club (UK) • Index page

Cheers Gerry
They may have help.. but we have cookies.

O/P can you explain the UK concept of having a 3.4L in an SS (Which is supposed to be a 5.7L V8)

Old 12-05-2011, 10:39 AM

O/P can you explain the UK concept of having a 3.4L in an SS (Which is supposed to be a 5.7L V8)
As for the rest of the comments - guys, you wouldn't believe how different things are over here in the UK. As an American working over here, it drives me absolutely nuts trying to get things done that are so easy at home. And the roads, and the parking spaces, are so unbelievably small that I have to really be careful where I drive, and finding a parking space that my Camaro will fit into is a nightmare sometimes. The Camaro doors make it really really hard to get in and out of the car in a "normal" parking space here. I usually just end up doing the "Dukes of Hazard" slide out the window move, but it looks a bit silly when you are in nice clothes or in uniform (I'm a commercial pilot). Still, after all is said and done, it's really satisfying watching people stop and take notice every time I drive by! I own an SS and also a Z28 back home in the states, and it feels good to be driving a Camaro over here. Makes me feel more at home, even though it's only got a little 3.4 V-6 in it. I am upgrading the hell out of the suspension, brakes and other drivetrain components, and when I'm done, going to do something with that litttle motor to get some more snort out it! Any suggestions? Headers, cam, maybe a turbo?
I think he means "He owns an SS and a Z28 in the US" and the 3.4 V6 in the UK is what it is.

Cheers Gerry

Quick Reply: UK Camaro issues