uggg....what do you think i should do

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:14 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default uggg....what do you think i should do

well another cooling problem....that plastic side part on the radiator has a small crack in it, and once the pressure builds up it will squirt out coolant, the doesnt overheat though, ive been keeping water in it. so im gonna replace the radiator, and my dad wants to get a stock replacement, but i think i should just go ahead and get one from summit thats alluminum and cools better, the one im lookin at is like 480 or somethin like that, is there somethin out there cheaper, and also how much is the stock replacement radiator?

Old 09-28-2008, 02:11 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: uggg....what do you think i should do

Out of a scrap yard they are not going to be that expensive. If you have the extra funds and the money laying around i would go with the aluminum upgrade, And even more so if you plan on any future upgrades turbo, sc, etc. If you plan on staying stock and dont plan on pounding the track every weekend the stock radiator will work fine.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Overdrive Member

Like cbr600rx7said, if it were me and had the extra money, I would invest in the aluminum radiator. Otherwise just stick with a stock radiator. You could get a used one at the junkyard, and take it to a radiator shop, and have it all cleaned out. Would be close to new for less.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:02 PM
3rd Gear Member

i think ima just get one from summit for 480 somethin and install it my self, i think will be the best way to go, and its a direct replacement good up to like 600 hp so thats one thing off the list i aint gotta buy later on down the road

Old 09-29-2008, 09:59 AM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

i would go stock replacement, but that's just me i guess