True dual exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Default True dual exhaust?

I heard a true dual exhaust system sounds the best, and is a bit more powerful than regular catback systems. I've been looking for a true dual setup on the internet and ebay and cannot find any for the LS1. Anyone know of any?(website or anything) True duals are two seperate pipes with 2 seperate mufflers right? I also have a random buzzing/rattling noise comming from driver side dashboard (very annoying). Only happens when I go past 70mph. If I go faster the noise is louder and faster. Anyone have a prob like this before? I'm thinking of taking my dashboard apart. Please, any input would be appreciated.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Default RE: True dual exhaust?

Im thinking the only way to get a true dual is to make your own. And for the rattling noise it could be that your tire is unbalanced.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:42 PM
4th Gear Member

Yeah, looking at the exhuast set up on camaros makes my head hurt.. I know for mustangs its 100% easier because the exhuast can run down both sides of the car where camaros run down a single side to one muffler and out to two tail pipes. Your best bet is to get a custom fabbed pipe that can replace the muffler area, slap two mufflers on that pipe (their gonna need to be smaller) and then get some tips. It would be a tight squeeze if you wanna do divorced pipesfrom the headers on backand they wouldnt be very big (3 inch pipes take up alot of room, believe me). I would think that TRUE duals on a Fbody would be difficult andpossibly evensteal some flow from your exhuastbut if your motivated give it a try and post some sound clips.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:39 PM
1st Gear Member

I had dual 3" on my 98z28 it isn't that hard to do.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:17 PM
4th Gear Member

You have two 3inch pipes running under ur car.. or do you have oneexhuast pipe running to the muffler and then out to two tailpipes...

Old 10-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Overdrive Member

True dual all the way back on an F-Body isn't an easy task, plus a good 3in cat back, headers and Y pipe are good for at least 500 HP. Basanni makes a true dual kit for F-Bodies, but most of them are custom fab jobs, either way you're going to pay our your ***. If you really want true dual the easiest way is to run 2 pipes back and dump them before the axle, I personally wouldn't go through the trouble, and I don't think there is that much difference in sound, especially if you have an X or H pipe.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:44 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

A lot of people that run the true duels on the LS1 end up going back to a Y pipe. There is a guy thats part of the F body clube that has true duels on his SS. Sounds great and runs strong and doesnt rattle. But some Fuel and pressure isues have made him turn back to The Y.[>:]. To be truth full with you a good set of headers and a SLP Y pipe with a good exhaust in place will sound and flow great for even a built LS1. I have a freind running 10.8s and he is running a Y pipe. Im sure strata or one of the other guys will buzz in with more info.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:53 PM
April 2008 ROTM
Old 10-05-2007, 01:04 PM
4th Gear Member

Was that your lift Cran? If so, wanna help a fellow Washatonian install a cat and change my oil some time? lol

Old 10-05-2007, 01:35 PM
April 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

Was that your lift Cran? If so, wanna help a fellow Washatonian install a cat and change my oil some time? lol
Actually it was my friends... well, not my friend, he works there and lets us use it all the time (owner is now friends with all of us) in Auburn. I use that lift as much as possible, it helps

It's the place I bought my tint from.

Quick Reply: True dual exhaust?