Today was a bad day

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Overdrive Member
Default Today was a bad day

Like the title says today was a very bad day for me and my Camaro. I was driving down the road when some one decided that if she punches her little Honda she can cross the intersection before the westbound car causes her to stop and wait 10 seconds. Instead of stopping she runs the stop sign and does not even notice the eastbound car ME!! I had no where to go she was moving too fast she hit me in my left front. Now my pretty RS is no longer able to drive. I yelled at her and she said I should have stopped. Well lets see here I was on the main road and she was on a side street, she had the stop sign I didnt. I had to stop? OK... well when we got on our phones to call the police she left. I got her plate # and make of her car. Well tonight she gets to sleep in the Pierce Co. Jail for hit and run. Which in this state is a felony class 3. It gets even better when she didnt have a lisence or insurance and she was driving a borrowed car that was also not insured. OH and my insurace Co sent me some incorrect documents that I signed to remove coverage that I wanted. Oh and the coverage that I didnt want I have... yea so this one comes out of my pocket.

So far I have $325 into new parts for my car and I am prolly looking at another $200 before all is done. It sits at a body shop I used to work at and the owner of the shop will let me repair the strut and spindle in the shop tomorrow. If my sig picture is up you will see what the car used to look like and I will get pics tomorrow of what happened. I guess I start a repair log now. I was hoping for a build log here soon but I guess this will do for now.

Oh and if this did go through insurance it would have totaled my car.

Massey

Old 05-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Oh that sucks! Good luck with repairing it. How old was the woman?

Old 05-13-2010, 08:46 PM
2nd Gear member

wow stupid people why would you run your just making it worse on yourself and i wonder if she had previously lost her liscense for something similar

Old 05-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Overdrive Member

IF she would have stayed around she would have had to walk home, and would have had only 3 citations. Failure to yield, driving without insurance, and driving on suspended/no lisence. Those are all walk away and show up at court or pay the fine type offences. Now she gets a cot and 3 hots aday. Oh and with the over crowding in the jails it could be weeks before she gets to see a Judge and enter a plea. And here in WA it is 100,000 base bail for any class 2 or 3 felony. So I hope she likes her new orange dress

Massey

Old 05-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Overdrive Member

Wow, that's terrible, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope all your repairs go well, good luck!

Old 05-13-2010, 10:01 PM
2nd Gear member

Man, if you have a name, my brother is a Pierce County Sherrif who just so happens to work in the jail. Maybe he can see to it that she doesn't get any sleep. Those 2 am cell checks can be a real............

Old 05-13-2010, 10:04 PM
3rd Gear Member

well you got her info, did the car owner have insurance?

Old 05-13-2010, 10:09 PM
2nd Gear member

Sorry to hear that a careless person wrecked your car... Good luck with getting everything fixed up. It sucks that you have to pay out of pocket, but at least you got her plate number so she will have to face the consequences of her bad decisions.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:59 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by carnage9
well you got her info, did the car owner have insurance?
Exactly. Insurance follows the car, NOT the driver. Go after the owner then, they're responsible for what the car does, no matter who's driving it. Then they can take it out of the girls hide if they want to. Also remember that before you loan your car to someone. Isn't your insurance co. consulting you on this?

Last edited by Camaro 69; 05-14-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:22 AM

Sorry to hear about that - some people can be so irresponsible.

Maybe you should get a quote to get the car fixed by someone else as well as taking a few photos and getting a copy of the police report.

If you want to sue in small claims court, you have something to help the judge decide how much she should pay.

Quick Reply: Today was a bad day