Tiffany is Finished!! She is painted and loving her new Colors!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 11:00 PM
2nd Gear member
Cool

Originally Posted by WIspartan1026
what was wrong with the original paint?

also, I approve of the use of Monster lol
Lol! Thanks man! I thought it would be a nice touch! Skillet is awesome! In the original paint, the clear coat was peeling off on the doors, on the top right behind the t-tops was bubbled up like ****, the paint itself was peeling off of the front bumper, and there were some pretty deep scratches on the drivers side door. I sanded it all down to the factory base(Not bare metal or fiberglass just the base coat of the paint), filled the deep scratches with filler putty, Primed it with High build primer, wet sanded it, then painted it! Black first(the taped it all off once it had setup), silver second(then untaped the black once the silver setup), then clear last! I actually did the Berger panel backwards though, silver first(taped it off), then black(untaped it), and then cleared it! It was very nerve racking but alot of fun! And well worth it! I only spent $450 for the paint and materials!! And since I did it myself, no labor charges!

Old 12-05-2010, 11:01 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Buffalo02Z28
Phoenix area.
Ahh, yeah that's a good trip! Lol!

Old 12-05-2010, 11:14 PM
2nd Gear member

Looks sharp! It looks like you did an excellent job. Now, go put the door panels back on.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:20 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by RedKnight
Looks sharp! It looks like you did an excellent job. Now, go put the door panels back on.
Lol! Thanks man! I'm having problems with the locking mechanisms. I was planning to post up a thread tomorrow after I have looked at it some more! The drivers side door did it first, but now both doors do it. If the door is open I can lock it and unlock it then shut the door(unlocked) and open it no problem. But if I lock the door and then shut it, or shut the door and lock it, it will not unlock and open back up. They make noise like they are trying to unlock but they don't. I have to reach in and push a little plastic piece in and down to get the door open. It's weird. But I will try to look at it more tomorrow! But if anyone has any ideas or has had this prob before please let me know! Thanks again man!

Old 12-06-2010, 07:22 AM
2nd Gear member

I'm planning on getting some C6 Z06 wheels soon! Hopefully for Christmas!

Old 12-06-2010, 10:18 AM
1st Gear Member

looks real good, looking into doin mine here when summer comes around. although i have rust and what not to take care of as well so mine might be a pain haha good job man!

Old 12-06-2010, 10:46 AM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

looks real good jesse,,, i like the gs stripes

Old 12-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Overdrive Member

Well only because I cant see the videos at work.

Massey

Old 12-06-2010, 11:33 AM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

i can so ha massey

Old 12-06-2010, 12:51 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Massey

Well only because I cant see the videos at work.

Massey
I have to March in a Christmas Parade tonight(Air Force Aux), but I will take pictures tomorrow afternoon! And they will be up that night! Just be patient man! It's worth the wait trust me!

Quick Reply: Tiffany is Finished!! She is painted and loving her new Colors!!