supercharger for the an ls1

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 10:32 PM
In the Staging Lanes

what about a corvette magnacharger...its a top mount supercharger...what kind of boost does it push ? can i raise the boost when i build the internals ? will it wear out...and does it contain oil

Old 05-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Overdrive Member

http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...G-01-10-58-006

This site says 5 psi. For more info, you may contact the company about it, as I'm sure this not something a bunch of folks have done. I'm sure you can change the boost with the swap of a pulley.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:52 PM
Default this might help you

i dont know much about turbo's but i have done alot of research on the magnacharger set up for ls1 f-body's. theres two companys that make kits for the f-body's LMS speed and MTI racing. they both use the mp112 magnacharger. anything bigger and you have to carve up the underside of your hood. they run 7 to 8 psi intercooled on stock motors. making around 140 to 150 horse power. plus they come with a warranty and you can even buy a three year powertrain warranty for a couple hundred extra bucks. ill try to find where i saw the information about the warrantys. ill put links to both sites on here so you can decide which one you like best. ive read some pretty bad post on forums about the LMS spped kit. the kits come incomplete and its hard to get the parts that are missing from them. i just found out about the MTI racing kit so i dont know if people have had trouble with there orders or not. anyway you can decide. there both the same in the end just depends on who you want to deal with. i like the MTI racing kit a bit better. it looks cleaner. it keeps the throttle cable on the driver side instead of running directly over the top of the blower and some other differences. if you look at page three of the first link im sending you they put up pictures of there install and the install of an LMS kit. you can judge!!

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/forced...ail-order.html

http://www.lmspeed.com/magnachargerl...hargerkit.aspx

you have to make sure you get one of these kits. there made to fit on f-body's. you do have to trim the cowl and these kits only fit under SS or WS6 hoods. or something larger from an aftermarket company. heres another link of an install. i think its the LMS kit. it shows pretty good detail of what is involved in the instalation. like the cutting of the cowl.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/forced...n-build-2.html

im in the same boat as you. im looking for a 30,000 mile 2000-2002 SS or Z-28. i was going to get the LMS kit but now that i found about MTI kit. i think im going to go with that one. i think it looks cleaner and more professional.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:08 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

There is a magnacharger kit for the LS1 F-body now but it is kind of expensive at around 7200 bucks. Due to hood clearance it is limited on power since it is smallish blower for the size engine. Most guys will see 420-460 at the wheels depending on there set up. If you plan on making any more then that Procharger is the way to go and the kits are a little bit cheaper. You can pick one up for a little less then 6K depending on what size compressor you want to run you can make any where from 400-2000 horses. Note that most LS1 cars hit a HP limit on FI (forced induction) around the 500 Horse mark so keep that in mind if you plan on going big with your blower.