sub poppin

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 03:17 PM
1st Gear Member
Default sub poppin

i have a 1996 camaro v6 t-tops and with the Bose premium system in it and just recently had Best Buy install a Pioneer headunit into it however when the were installing it they came across faulty wiring in the car because whenever i turn the stereo on/off or change the station my sub makes a loud pop they said the tried putting in restrictors to keep it from poppingalong with a few other tricks but nothing worked so they basically tell me i have to get all the speakers rewired in my car for it to not do it even though it didn't do it when i brought it into them, however be4 i brought it into them i realized that the wiring was bad to my cigarette lighter, shift light display, and center counsel because i guess that all runs of the same fuse but my concern is that could the installers at best buy possibly oftapped into that bad wiring causing my sub to pop and if thats not the case does anyone have suggestions other then going back to best buy and cussing them out until they fix it (likeable solution)

Old 05-29-2007, 03:57 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: sub poppin

i may be wrong but ive heard when you put an aftermarket head unit in when you have the bose sound system it messes with the speakers and you may need to buy new ones. my dad has the bose sound system in his and when hereplaced his head unit the 2 rear speakers went out or didnt work. but you should still cuss them out cuz i used to work at circuit city and best buy is gay in my opinion and we did better sound installments than they did even though it costed a buttload.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:37 AM
4th Gear Member

you need to by pass the stock amplifier, check out carstereo.com. my car is on that site, mine is a 96 V6 with bose too

http://www.carstereo.com/installs/ph...galleryid=2901

Old 06-01-2007, 11:36 AM

I work for BBY. I'd say go and ask to speak with the Services Manager (SSM). If he won't do anything. Ask for the GM, you might have to come back our GM is always running around. If they still won't do anything 1-888-BESTBUY. Alot of times the store is held by a tight grip on the nuts regarding budget and what they can compensate customers for. I say call corporate and give them a piece of your mind about it. Unfortunately not all store hire the best installers. My store is the only one in our district where all the guys are certified! Kinda sad I think. Of course i'm on the geek squad and not certified so I can't say too much.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:51 PM

hmh.. When the Camaro was purchased it had a Pioneer head and all the wires in place for Subs. I put mine in and all I get is boom boom boom boom boom. If I hook it to high pitch it plays normal music, no bass. uhh, what? Thanks.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:33 AM

I think ninetysixyenko is right, i just replaced my stock Bose head unit and i had to bypass the stock amplifier...

Old 07-05-2007, 02:41 PM

How does one bypass the stock amp:?

Thanks.