Sofie's interior project

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 11:08 AM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

machine- Yes, I changed speakers awhile ago. I put in Pioneers in the front and middle. I left the rear 4" stock. I'm waiting until they just blow out. I can't hear them anyway over the subs. And sorry, I think I was just getting off AIM when you messaged me.

dc2250- I dunno if I can handle doing another Camaro interior, haha. It kills my back working on her.

maudyz28- I painted it...but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'trim them'

Old 09-29-2009, 05:24 PM
3rd Gear Member

i just wondered whether it was paint or a leather trim (like a leather cover glued on). Looks awesome anyway, did you manage to get a smooth finish? im thinking of doing mine silver as it will go better with grey leather.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Oh, got ya. No, it's just paint. For the most part, yes I got a smooth finish. My biggest problem was the previous owner really did a number on the plastic by scuffing it up and putting some deep grooves in it. I did fill it with some filler and sanded it down, but you can still see it if you try to look for it.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:07 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Thumbs up

Nice what you did to your trunk area. I got some ideas on what to do to mine. Just have to find the time to do it.

Great job.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:20 PM
3rd Gear Member

She is coming along nicely!

Old 09-29-2009, 07:33 PM
1st Gear Member

[quote=DarlingReject;368173]machine- Yes, I changed speakers awhile ago. I put in Pioneers in the front and middle. I left the rear 4" stock. I'm waiting until they just blow out. I can't hear them anyway over the subs. And sorry, I think I was just getting off AIM when you messaged me.

Thats cool. I was just wondering if your factory fronts were two-way with the tweeter and the driver wired seperatley (4 wires to one speaker)

Old 09-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Thats cool. I was just wondering if your factory fronts were two-way with the tweeter and the driver wired seperatley (4 wires to one speaker)
To be perfectly honest...I can't even remember how they're wired. When I started that project, all the wiring was changed...but the stock was left in. I'm not sure if the previous owner had some sort of problem, but all the speakers had new/stock wiring...it was really weird. I just went with it and didn't bother trying to figure that one out...

Oh, btw, I found seat covers. $400 for all the seats done in a 'leatherette' fabric. I just have to find some place that will embroider them. And come up with $400...

Last edited by DarlingReject; 09-29-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:55 PM
1st Gear Member

I was asking because i just changed mine and they were wired that way. I've installed plenty of speakers in my day but never came accross anything like this. on a standard stereo system. It looks like someone had an aftermarket deck at one time and swaped it before I bought the car. Thought mabey I had a monsoon system with a standard head unit.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:12 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

Looks clean. I look forward to seeing more pics

Old 09-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Yeah, this wiring really threw me. I remember pulling the rear speaker panels off and just staring at the wiring trying to figure out what happened. Then I pulled off the front speaker and again, stared for like 5 minutes trying to figure out what happened. It was pretty confusing. Sofie came with an aftermarket JVC head, but I had to swap it out anyway because it didn't have the audio inputs in the back for the system. Luckily, my boyfriend (at the time) had the exact same head unit with the inputs and he didn't have a sytem, so we just swapped them out.

Quick Reply: Sofie's interior project