Seafoam?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 04:26 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Seafoam?

Whats goin on yall, so today i fixed some broken vacuum line and she runs better now. Next step you say? seafoam. but i need to know where to put it, besides oil and gas. I've read that it should go in the brake booster. Where would this be in my 96z?

Old 11-10-2012, 05:16 PM
3rd Gear Member

You need a haynes manual or something if you don't know where the brake booster is...lol

Old 11-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Pull any vac line and stick it in the can and suck the seafoam into the intake. Also I don't recommend putting it in the oil, it breaks it down.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:57 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Any particular vacuum line you have in mind?

Old 11-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

any line that will let the engine run and is pulling a vacuum.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:47 PM
3rd Gear Member

Make sure your neighbors are ok with you smoking out the whole neighborhood. That stuff is wicked.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

ya its pretty bad, i seafoamed a kia once... fire department came, said one of the neighbors thought the house was on fire

Old 11-10-2012, 09:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Its most effective through the break booster hose, your just wasting time using any other vac line.

On your 96 the brake booster line is on the divers side. Just look at the firewall and where you add break fluid, the hose runs out from that to the engine.

Pull it off the the break booster, and put the seafoam in there hose with car running (ti will suck it in the hose).

Don't just dump a ton in at one... You want to go real slow with it, and it help to have a helper.

One person to add it, and another to keep the car idled up to around 2k RPM. If you add it to fast the engine will try to die, hint the helper. Some ppl just put it in a cup and stick the break booster vac line in the cup.

Through the break booster hose is the best method of adding it.. Just put 1/3 of the can in, that's all it needs to work.

You can add it to gas. They say do it be for your next oil change.

Add third(third of a can) into your gas tank right before an oil change. A third will do 9-11 gallons.

It will clean fuel pump, fuel filter and fuel injectors.

Now I'm going to bed.

P.S: Forgot to say. If you add any to your gas tank, it will not smoke like a freight train. It will smoke a little bit, but not real noticeable.

Last edited by wayne242; 11-10-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:04 PM
3rd Gear Member

I'd be afraid I'd hydro lock the engine.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I'd be afraid I'd hydro lock the engine.
I been doing it for years, and haven't yet. However hint the fact i add it nice and slow over just dumping it all in at once. However i did test it once my just dumping it in all at once, cause the engine to die. It start right back up no problem.

BTW I did forget to add, MAKE SURE YOU ENGINE is at OPERATING TEMPTER be for adding sea foam through the vac line. Sea foam and heat together is what breaks up the carbon etc. If you do it cold, the carbon comes off in big hard chunks.

Quick Reply: Seafoam?