Old 12-22-2010, 02:05 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Originally Posted by Buffalo02Z28
Pssh, those imports and their turbos.
imports?? every bmw youll ever see are built in my town

Old 12-23-2010, 12:25 AM
In the Staging Lanes

everyone around where i live tries to race. its kind of pathetic but its keeps you entertained on those long drives. someone trys to race me 2/3 times i go somewhere. but lastnight i got beat by an integra type r and a vw vr6 hatch.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:42 AM
1st Gear Member

TOOOOOOOOOOOO Funny!!!!

Old 12-23-2010, 05:36 PM
1st Gear Member

the first day i had my 97 z28 i was on the gsp doing like 90 i wanted to see what she had so i punched it i was moving good too getting up there at like 110 mph and still going i passed some ricer that was doing no more then 80 or 90 i was still at wot and this ricer flew past me so fast all i heard was woooossshhhh and he was out of sight till this day i have been looking for this car again just to find out what the is in this car maybe a jet engine

Old 12-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Overdrive Member

I was out doing some last minute shopping today and this guy found me! LOL he asked me why I didnt try to race him. I told him this time of year is horrible for racing and the cops are everywhere because of partys and shopping road rage! He said he didnt think of that. Asked me about my car and I told him it was just a 3.8L and he said if a V6 can get a jump on him like that he would hate to have come up against a Z28... I asked him if he wanted to race one I have one at home? He backed out really fast, faster than my wife's car I think LOL. Anyway he got a wreckless, fined $450 and mandatory court. He tried to tell the officer that I was the one that started the race to get out of the ticket but the cop said he knows my car he sees it all the time and it is rarely going over the speed limit so he doubted that. I laughed and wished the kid Merry X-mas and went home to finish my wrapping.

Massey

Old 12-24-2010, 12:11 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Massey
I was out doing some last minute shopping today and this guy found me! LOL he asked me why I didnt try to race him. I told him this time of year is horrible for racing and the cops are everywhere because of partys and shopping road rage! He said he didnt think of that. Asked me about my car and I told him it was just a 3.8L and he said if a V6 can get a jump on him like that he would hate to have come up against a Z28... I asked him if he wanted to race one I have one at home? He backed out really fast, faster than my wife's car I think LOL. Anyway he got a wreckless, fined $450 and mandatory court. He tried to tell the officer that I was the one that started the race to get out of the ticket but the cop said he knows my car he sees it all the time and it is rarely going over the speed limit so he doubted that. I laughed and wished the kid Merry X-mas and went home to finish my wrapping.

Massey
Epic!

Old 12-24-2010, 02:09 PM
2nd Gear member

ive always wanted to turbo charge a v8 to shut up the import children... i mean a natural v8 will destroy most imports anyway, but im sick of "ohhh man, that supra has 2,000hp!!! it ran a 10.04 quarter mile!!!!" congrats, thats a HORRIBLE time for 2k HP... a 2,000hp v8 would run a 8 sec or better

if the turbo charger did not exist no import cars less than a 8 cylinder would be fast
oh well back on topic..

Old 12-27-2010, 07:12 PM
1st Gear Member
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Massey

Massey
Even better, you guys are great.
When I was a little younger (74-77). Back in a little town in North Texas (population about 5K), the loser always got the paperwork. We had a young DPS guy that would let you off if you could take him in a quarter, and you weren't a problem child. I got 1 ticket the 3 years I lived there, he took me by 1.5 lengths pulling away. Never found out for sure what he had, but we knew it was a big mopar with a lot of mods. He ended up getting elected County Sheriff, by 2 to 1, so everyone liked him, but that was the end of it.