Recently stolen, nowhere else to turn

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 03:22 AM
2nd Gear member

here in san diego, ca and southern calif. we're next to the mexican border and therefore take the bad wind of illegal drug importation and the crime that goes along with that. like crystal meth use and distribution and the crime that goes along with that. im considering paying extra for a low jack. what type of anti-theft devices did you have? a camaro has a special code key...they must have towed it away if it had an alarm? when my 94 camaro was gone forever, it was like i lost a dear friend. was depressed. but just like the loss of a pet, after a period of reasonable "mourning" u can move on and find another "pet." let this be an impetus or stimulant for u to get a bigger and better Camaro, notwithstanding the sentimental value of your lost friend. u can make new memories with a new camaro "pet." best wishes and sorry for your loss.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:24 AM
4th Gear Member

well living in a small town helps garage locked 2 times I am sure helps, an one of those 100.00 carmera set ups indoor out ,points at the cars .helps an my lap top card records it ,I have lived in some citys an now I am happy to live in a town of 2500,crime happens though everywhere .its quiet hear though when compare to other places I lived ,I also have a camera I can put in my car while parked with alarms in all ,cams in car are good for a lot of things safety car crashes an theft all kinda of things ,an for about $40.00 you can put gps unit in the car that tracks it,an has built in battery that should work for day after its stolen ,a pro may know if you have one or not ,most would not behind glove box is my though ,couse under seat they just rip in out pretty easy ,make them need tools a lot to get then out save times ,an my cars are all about 15 feet from my window too light one at night while most don't leaveing a light could make you the one person they may not go after,oh a good old spot light helps to + the ls cars are more stolen then the base cars would be ,for the engine trans an anything slp

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 04-09-2016 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:40 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 95 camaro 406
well living in a small town helps garage locked 2 times I am sure helps, an one of those 100.00 carmera set ups indoor out ,points at the cars .helps an my lap top card records it ,I have lived in some citys an now I am happy to live in a town of 2500,crime happens though everywhere .its quiet hear though when compare to other places I lived ,I also have a camera I can put in my car while parked with alarms in all ,cams in car are good for a lot of things safety car crashes an theft all kinda of things ,an for about $40.00 you can put gps unit in the car that tracks it,an has built in battery that should work for day after its stolen ,a pro may know if you have one or not ,most would not behind glove box is my though ,couse under seat they just rip in out pretty easy ,make them need tools a lot to get then out save times ,an my cars are all about 15 feet from my window too light one at night while most don't leaveing a light could make you the one person they may not go after,oh a good old spot light helps to + the ls cars are more stolen then the base cars would be ,for the engine trans an anything slp
^All good ideas. If there's only street parking available for some, then parking near or under a street lamp is a great idea. 95 Camaro 406 where do you get a GPS system for $40; I know of one I think it's called Real Trak that you pay $120 to set up and $15 a month to subscribe to their monitoring service. What's the name of that GPS system or the website?, I would love to know it, please. Thanks

Old 04-09-2016, 03:34 PM
4th Gear Member

ebay amazon ,I think a good one may cost more ,but look for one with the battery back up in it .good ones will alert you when the car moves at all,some no service you track it on your computer or cell phone ,I hear some insurance companys offer it now too,an some just hook right to the computer on the car ,so there are different types I would look for the best bang for the buck ,that works good ,I rarely let my car out of site ,but cant allways be there ,one can monitor there car no matter where you are walmart you name it ,if something happens it sets off an alarm to the phone or computer mwas looking at a good one ebay about $150.00 but it has very loud siren built in ,that is the first thing that goes off then it tells your phone or computer at the same time ,I kinda like both ,being able to see in the car an out side it on the phone at the same time on a split screen ,kinda like the ones for homes ,when your away you can monitor the car any time any place ,an while sleeping as long as you have your volume up on the phone it will wake you up ,you name it they got it for protection these days

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 04-09-2016 at 10:04 PM.