RANTING!!! V6 Comments!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 08:38 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Between the loud exhaust, and my "selective hearing", I usually can't hear her screams!
LOL! I'm picturing this and it's hilarious!

Old 06-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

No one can predicte the future value of a car but with that being said there is nothing in the Camaro lines history that would make me believe that a rare V6 would be valuble. Yes it will be worth more then a base V6 but not by alot. People will like to look at them at shows but when it comes down value collectors do not want the 6ers. Anytime you take collectors out of the group of people that want the cars the price falls fast. Example 1975 RS I6 is worth more then a Base model I6? Not really.. Condition of the car would be a more important factor for value. In fact a Rare 75 rs I6 all orginal in great condition may have a tuff time selling because many purist would never cut into an original rare car but a base model I6 they will have no issue cutting up and building what they want.

Last edited by Gorn; 06-04-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:57 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Gorn
No one can predicte the future value of a car but with that being said there is nothing in the Camaro lines history that would make me believe that a rare V6 would be valuble. Yes it will be worth more then a base V6 but not by alot. People will like to look at them at shows but when it comes down value collectors do not want the 6ers. Anytime you take collectors out of the group of people that want the cars the price falls fast. Example 1975 RS I6 is worth more then a Base model I6? Not really.. Condition of the car would be a more inportant factor. In fact a Rare 75 rs I6 all orginal in great condition may have a tuff time selling because many purist would never cut into an orgianl rare car but a base model I6 they will have no issue cutting up and building what they want.
Sad, but probably true. Maybe there's another guy like me out there who would appreciate it a little more. I don't know. Thanks for the hard honest answer.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:10 AM
June 2010 ROTM
Ride of the Year 2010
ROTM Winner's Club

I'd think it would take a collector who's really into slp cars to search for a slp rs. Since most people don't know about them because they are in the shadow of the ss cars.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:39 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by camaroboy68ss
I'd think it would take a collector who's really into slp cars to search for a slp rs. Since most people don't know about them because they are in the shadow of the ss cars.
This is still very true on many lines, BUT recently I've had more comments on the streets and offers on my car without my rs body kit then you would believe. I don't know if they just could see that its modded or what not. Most people now days(due to the market) don't have money to pay for even a p.o.s. Corolla. In the last month alone I've had people wanting to trade me nice clean boats and even their V8s just because its a V6 but a time bomb under the hood waiting to be stepped on. If you look back to when ,classic cars now, were just regular cars then. No one never really knew that something they spend a few hundred on or a grand on in high school and fixed her up to impress that pretty girl in school is something that they could turn around and sell and pay for their kids way threw college. Honestly all you have to say, RARE 1 IN 442 SLP RS Camaro and that still a deal breaker just hearing that only a few are made and even less are in great shape as yours. Hang on to what you have because its better if you hang on to it and it end up not being worth ****, to where if you sell it now for 10k(just shooting high) and in 10-15 years its worth 50k. So in the end, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:42 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by nathanh
This is still very true on many lines, BUT recently I've had more comments on the streets and offers on my car without my rs body kit then you would believe. I don't know if they just could see that its modded or what not. Most people now days(due to the market) don't have money to pay for even a p.o.s. Corolla. In the last month alone I've had people wanting to trade me nice clean boats and even their V8s just because its a V6 but a time bomb under the hood waiting to be stepped on. If you look back to when ,classic cars now, were just regular cars then. No one never really knew that something they spend a few hundred on or a grand on in high school and fixed her up to impress that pretty girl in school is something that they could turn around and sell and pay for their kids way threw college. Honestly all you have to say, RARE 1 IN 442 SLP RS Camaro and that still a deal breaker just hearing that only a few are made and even less are in great shape as yours. Hang on to what you have because its better if you hang on to it and it end up not being worth ****, to where if you sell it now for 10k(just shooting high) and in 10-15 years its worth 50k. So in the end, damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I've really got no GREAT reason to sell it, so I probably will hang on to it. I doubt I could even get enough money out of it to make me feel good about selling it. Here's an interesting book value difference: Kelley Blue Book offers an RS selection on their used book search. I was shocked to see this. They value my car at $9,761 in excellent condition. NADA does not have an RS selection on their search, and they only value my car at $6,562. NADA only offers base V6 Camaro value. I understand that these two entities can widely vary on any vehicle book value, but I wonder if someone at Kelley Blue Book understands what my car is. I don't know. If someone offered me $9,700 for it, I'd probably have to sell it with hopes that I won't be kicking myself later.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:09 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Over the next 5-8 years maybe 10 the value will drop(according to my assumption) but once you hit the 10yr mark then the value will greatly increase year by year, give or take a few years of the price drop ratio. But if I had your car id keep it... It's called Priorities!!!
Name:  VW_garage-442x283_zps6caeb107.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  25.9 KB

Old 06-04-2013, 12:19 PM
June 2010 ROTM
Ride of the Year 2010
ROTM Winner's Club

The 4the gens have hit the ten year mark. The 02s are 11 years old now. I remember when I bought my 98 kbb booked it at around 9k at the time since its very low optioned for a ss car.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:32 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by camaroboy68ss
The 4the gens have hit the ten year mark. The 02s are 11 years old now. I remember when I bought my 98 kbb booked it at around 9k at the time since its very low optioned for a ss car.
If I'm right its 10-20 year range when the price drops because in peoples books,its just an old car not a classic car, but when it hits 25-30 is when people start seeing it as a classic but this is all just a theory I came up with over the years.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:06 PM
1st Gear Member

To set the record straight. I didn't know to the RS SPL until now for 2001 and 2002. I thought SPL packages were only offered on the V8 as a package above the SS.

Quick Reply: RANTING!!! V6 Comments!