R.i.p

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 11:56 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Originally Posted by Mikey.
Depending on how long you're keeping your car around for, I may actually take you up on some of these.

The ac controls, light controls, and speedo are because mine are yellow. I want white.

The tranny is because my car is auto and I dont like it. (Not ever sure if this can be switched?)

Pictures of the wreck anywhere?
you can swap the trans youll need the clutch peddle flywheel clutch (which only has like 8k miles on it) master and slave comp... maybe some other things i cant think of right now if your serious about this stuff ill hold it ill even meet you half way like the sc nc border

if the prices are too steep let me know what you think we can work something out

pics will come tomorrow the crash happened at like 8 so it was too dark (and dangerous according to the cop) to take pics plus my fone died right after it happened

Old 12-20-2010, 11:57 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
well i really love the green ashley is but im prob gunna go with something different deff not black or red i do like the blue gm had but ya prob just the best deal i can get im looking to find a z with blown head gaskets or something like that i still owe 3k on the car i have now
I like silver and white Camaros.

And I just read your sig, how did you go about the egr delete, and any difference? I have the 3.4l like yours did.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Originally Posted by Mikey.
I like silver and white Camaros.

And I just read your sig, how did you go about the egr delete, and any difference? I have the 3.4l like yours did.
well when i did the headgaskets the bolts that hold the egr tube to the mani broke so i welded up the holes on the manis and made a plate for the intake then i had to pull the CEL because it was throwing egr codes

no i didnt notice any difference without the egr not too sure about nc but here theres no emissions testing

Old 12-21-2010, 12:08 AM
2nd Gear member

well when i did the headgaskets the bolts that hold the egr tube to the mani broke so i welded up the holes on the manis and made a plate for the intake then i had to pull the CEL because it was throwing egr codes

no i didnt notice any difference without the egr not too sure about nc but here theres no emissions testing
We have emissions testing here. I found this on the dmv website though:
If your vehicle's model year is previous to 1996, your vehicle doesn't have to undergo emission inspections. However, unless your vehicle is also at least 35 years old, it will have to face the safety inspections.

I don't know if I would still fail if they smell it though?

Old 12-21-2010, 12:10 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

well in NY i know that if the car is older than a 96 all thats involved is a visual emissions test it doesnt have to work just be there the safety inspection is when the test the brakes and tires stuff like that

Old 12-21-2010, 12:13 AM
2nd Gear member

well in NY i know that if the car is older than a 96 all thats involved is a visual emissions test it doesnt have to work just be there the safety inspection is when the test the brakes and tires stuff like that
I guess if I do delete the cat and egr ill mock it up before I go for inspection.

Seriously though, don't get rid of the car without telling me!
I'll get some money together and take some things off your hands.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:16 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

if you want them there yours

you could gut the cat

Old 12-21-2010, 12:22 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i believe you also need to change the ecu and the under hood and dash wireing harness. not sure what else.

you can swap the trans youll need the clutch peddle flywheel clutch (which only has like 8k miles on it) master and slave comp... maybe some other things i cant think of right now if your serious about this stuff ill hold it ill even meet you half way like the sc nc border

Old 12-21-2010, 07:57 AM
1st Gear Member

maybe but he did say he wants my dash pad

if anyone here needs parts ill ship for a good price
What do you want for the dashpad?

Old 12-21-2010, 08:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chaotic94
Yes I want his motor but it's not worth a 13 hours drive each way to get it. And it would cost more than a brand new one to ship it.
Have you ever been to the Carolinas? Got to try their BBQ, it's not what you an dI call BBQ, but it is EXCELLENT!!! There's always Myrtle Beach.....