Project L36 Sleeper

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 06:26 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

lets see how they work. do some testing with some show and tell.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:55 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

I just changed them a little, made them about an inch longer, and added a trim piece to the bottom that I think looks good. lol, still on poster paper. I'm gonna stick it on tomorrow and make sure I like it, the head over to CMF to have 2 made out of aluminum for me. It's taking a priority right now because I have a chance to make a little extra money, maybe I'll make enough for some cometic head gaskets, we'll see. I'll start a new thread when the prototype is done.

Old 08-23-2009, 11:28 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MusicMan
Oh yeah, just thought I'd add this. My 315's throw all kinds of crap on my fenders, so I'm making some splash guards. Here's my poster-board mock-up, pardon the dirty ride and skinny drag wheels on the front. I've been showing this pic around, and people seem to want to buy them. If all goes well, maybe I'll become a sponsor and sell these, we'll see.

Looks like a nice combo to me

Old 08-25-2009, 03:37 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Ordered my camshaft today, in the end I decided to go with the ARH NA cam, it has the duration I wanted, but not the lift. Figured it'll just be persuasion for me to buy some 1.7 ratio yella terra aluminum roller tip rockers in the future, and hardened pushrods. Can't afford it on this round. So it's official now, I have every part I need to assemble the engine, just got some machine work on the heads to do. Injectors will come later when I add the giggle gas, that's next summer's project. Almost done!

Old 08-27-2009, 03:08 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

I've got a note for you guys that want to port and polish your own heads. LESS IS MORE! I might have screwed up one head, we'll see what my friend says (he's ported plenty of these heads). And with that, this build might die. I'm almost broke, I can't afford another head and still have all the machine work done. This has been a struggle since I am jobless currently.

Building an engine, paying for school, and keeping two cars running is just about more than I can handle right now. I've got the ideas and the know-how, just not that green stuff.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:49 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

HAHA! My work got an ok, so I'm back on track. These aren't going to perform as well as they can, but they'll be fine until I can afford better. 1 more head to do, then it's off to the shop, and final assembly!

Old 08-30-2009, 12:51 PM
3rd Gear Member

Someone is looking out for you ha

Old 08-31-2009, 01:06 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

No kidding, lol

Haven't done the other head yet, been busy with friend's weddings and such. Luckily the hitching is over for now.

Also am getting acquainted with HP Tuners, if you guys ever think that EFI is limited, you outta see all the tables for adjustment in here, it's almost silly. I was having an issue with the pcm having a mind of it's own and locking the AF ration max lean or rich on my wideband on the highway, enabled all my factory o2 dtc's and set them to not light the mil, got rid off the problem. Must've been running a "cat test" of some kind where it takes control of the AF ratio to check the cat, of which I have none, lol

Also got my viton valve seals in, they're noticeably shorter than the red felpro's you get in the gasket kits, more lift clearance.

Still haven't made my mind up on a color scheme, I've always wanted to paint the engine bay satin black so that I can change the body color easier in the future (I'm dying to paint it Monterey Red Metallic someday), so the engine will have to be a color that works with that. Got a lot of options, just gotta pick one.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:09 AM
In the Staging Lanes

whats wrong with the color of the car? I think the black strips and the rims look awesome with that color. But, it would still look cool red. Paint the engine bay black and then the engine red, it'll look good IMO.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:06 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by MusicMan
No kidding, lol

Haven't done the other head yet, been busy with friend's weddings and such. Luckily the hitching is over for now.

Also am getting acquainted with HP Tuners, if you guys ever think that EFI is limited, you outta see all the tables for adjustment in here, it's almost silly. I was having an issue with the pcm having a mind of it's own and locking the AF ration max lean or rich on my wideband on the highway, enabled all my factory o2 dtc's and set them to not light the mil, got rid off the problem. Must've been running a "cat test" of some kind where it takes control of the AF ratio to check the cat, of which I have none, lol

Also got my viton valve seals in, they're noticeably shorter than the red felpro's you get in the gasket kits, more lift clearance.

Still haven't made my mind up on a color scheme, I've always wanted to paint the engine bay satin black so that I can change the body color easier in the future (I'm dying to paint it Monterey Red Metallic someday), so the engine will have to be a color that works with that. Got a lot of options, just gotta pick one.
I tell you, the only real reason I have been following this v-6 camaro is because of the way it looks. The color, rims, stripes and how clean it is. If you paint it, you'll regret it. Thats just my opinion, but I love the way that car looks. Mine is red and red is the most common color. I would want the least common.

Quick Reply: Project L36 Sleeper