Project L36 Sleeper

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 03:15 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i checked out the race and how far it is from here. to far. like 4 hrs one way. so looks im not going to make it. have my son here and thought it would be kool to run down and watch the action. tires and wheels look good. i almost like the stars in that color. lol. what kind of air pressure u gona try.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:26 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

I'll start at 30 and work my way down, not sure how they'll do.

Skinny tires came today, I mounted them and will paint the fronts in the morning.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:39 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Fronts are painted, in a few hours I'm gonna take them into town to have everything balanced, then I'll snap a pic for you guys with them on the car.

Took the stuff to the machine shop yesterday, I'll have it back next week. They're going to resurface the block, machine my rods for the arp bolts, balance the rotating assembly, hone the cylinders (my job was too coarse for the moly rings), they're going to pop the cam bearings I installed out because they're afraid of metal shavings from the resurface getting in the oil passage ways (they're cheap, no biggie), mag the block, clean it, and bag it up for me. About $700 in machine work. Wasn't hoping to spend that much, but at least it'll be done right.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:10 PM
4th Gear Member

Steve you're basically taking the same route that I am haha. I'm just stuck without any major money jobs lol. Also you should try and put in for the FFF LTs if they plan on producing more. That will be what I do at least. Run the LTs and a short H pipe and if I can, go over the axle. If not, dump a couple Borla mufflers at the axle heh.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:11 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

I'm not interested in the LT headers, I'm sick of trying to deal with FFF's bull crap customer service. Those headers were ordered by people on FTV6 over a year ago, and they STILL haven't released them yet. Plus they're incomplete, it's over $700 for just headers, no Y pipe. Pass.

In other news, the maro developed some kind of squeak, and I can't track it down. Spindles seem fine, pulleys are fine, brakes look good. Not sure where it's coming from, but the rotors are worn past spec, so I'll do a brake job today or tomorrow.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:44 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Pics of the wheels on:

https://camaroforums.com/forum/showt...793#post346793

Aye, progress on the horizon matey! Oh, and deeper 14's here comes this guy (stock engine still, lol)

Old 07-24-2009, 06:01 PM
4th Gear Member

Eh I wouldn't want a Y-Pipe anyhow =P Going true duals here lol. Good point though

Old 07-27-2009, 09:50 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Tried out the drag radials in the club bracket race, those are some sticky tires. Soon as I get the tune fixed and learn how to launch on a stock clutch, it'll sink lower time wise, even with the bone stock 130,000 mile oil-burner engine.

Got the new heads to play with. Also, I'm out of money, so I'll be porting and polishing the heads myself. Plenty of pics and a possible write-up to come. This isn't something that's hard to do.

Here's the kit I bought yesterday, it's a very nice kit. I should be starting into the heads when it shows up in a few days. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SA...1/?image=large

Old 07-29-2009, 01:17 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Kit comes tomorrow, I'll be diving in soon. I'm looking into having a set of manley valves made up in stock size, they flow much better than the stockers, and the size would keep port velocity up. I'll give an update on that as soon as I can get manley to understand that the 3.8 series 2 is not the same 3.8 that the grand national has, rofl

Also looking forward to my short block coming home, can't wait to get this beast done. I want my 13's NA dangit! lol

Old 07-29-2009, 04:02 AM
In the Staging Lanes

V6 or not, thats a pretty cool build you have going on. thats gonna be one hell of a street machine!

Quick Reply: Project L36 Sleeper