Project: Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 11:40 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Project: Camaro

Alright guys let me start off by putting up some pictures and then we can get to the talking:

Ok so im keeping the 3.4L V6 I have in it for now, It has 50 thousand miles on it. I will be buying a crate motor later down the road maybe 6 months from now, probably a 383 stroker or something Im not sure yet. However for now tomorrow im buying new rims and tires for it, and I recently changed the oil, fuel filter, spark plugs & wires, cleaned the injectors and flushed the radiator....

I priced everything I want to do to it and it wasnt that bad... here is the list of what I want to do:

1. Snyper 3 bodykit
2. Snyper 3 hood
3. Cross drilled rotors
4. Tint - 5%
5. Paint (im thinking black with silver stripes w/ blue outline
6. Taillights - black housing altezzas
7. Clear corner and sidemarker lenses
8. Intake
9. Headers (im thinking pacesetter)
10. Exhaust (im thinking Borla muffer and tip w/ 3" piping)
11. 3:73 rear diff

So im basically making this thread to get some ideas on looks and performance like on what would be the best or most logical idea.... What do you guys think?

Old 02-18-2008, 11:44 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: Project: Camaro

383 LT1 Stroker FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2008, 12:26 AM
2nd Gear member

If it were me I would find an LT1 car to start with, but whatever you decide I would begin with mechanicals and move to cosmetics, if you plan on doing a crate motor I would start with than do whatever else you have in mind. Not to sound harsh but the car looks a bit rough, you may be better off trying to find a cleaner LT1 Camaro to start with (since yousaid you want to do a motor swap)than you will have to invest less money to make it intowhat you want. Whatever you decide, I would start with the mechanical improvements you want to do, than move to the cosmetics. Good luck.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:48 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: M*******LT1

If it were me I would find an LT1 car to start with, but whatever you decide I would begin with mechanicals and move to cosmetics, if you plan on doing a crate motor I would start with than do whatever else you have in mind. Not to sound harsh but the car looks a bit rough, you may be better off trying to find a cleaner LT1 Camaro to start with (since yousaid you want to do a motor swap)than you will have to invest less money to make it intowhat you want. Whatever you decide, I would start with the mechanical improvements you want to do, than move to the cosmetics. Good luck.
K thanks... So even if ill be throwin a crate motor meaning ill be getting a new tranny, new computer, new harness and everything I should start with a LT1???

I know you can bore out a 350 into a 383... but what would be the difference if I was to just strip the car of the motor, tranny and everything else?

Old 02-19-2008, 01:04 AM
4th Gear Member

i would buy a LT1, and take the motor and stroke it... not a new motor or crate motor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPlhxwKKtus

Old 02-19-2008, 01:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah seems like a good idea... but can I ask why?

Old 02-19-2008, 01:48 AM
4th Gear Member

why what? why buy a LT1? well, you could always go for a LS1 too.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:58 AM
1st Gear Member

no I mean why cant I just buy a crate engine or something then take out the v6 and swap out whatever I need to

Old 02-19-2008, 02:10 AM
4th Gear Member

you can. just prolly alot more money, unless you have connections, or unless that car has sentimental value.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:25 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ninetysixyenko

you can. just prolly alot more money, unless you have connections, or unless that car has sentimental value.
No I know a performance shop owner and 2 body shop owners, plus my uncle is a mechanic

Quick Reply: Project: Camaro