PLease Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 03:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes

my low traction light comes on sometimes also. Mostly when coming to a stop, does this have anything to do with the shocks?

Old 06-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Overdrive Member
Lightbulb

I would suggest calling Sam Strano:
Strano Performance Parts - Parts Catalog -- tell him all your concerns -- he's a suspension guru.

But if you have bad springs due to poor cutting, then you may want new ones (Strano's signature springs are good) -- but any lowered car NEEDS adjustable shocks -- read: Koni SAs on all fours. Bilsteins will not last with most lowering springs and you will have to replace them sooner, but better than many other non-adjustables.

Why don't you post some pics of what you have now?!

Originally Posted by JOEYCASHCAMARO
how much will a set of shocks cost? if its only rubbing in the back do i need them in the front?

Old 06-30-2011, 08:41 PM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

^Agreed, Post pics of what is under your car now please

Old 07-01-2011, 12:01 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ill try to get some pics up here soon.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:45 PM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

it doesn't sound like the OP has strano money, only reason why I suggested a decent set of bilsteins. Remember, if you have to ask how much, you can't afford it

Old 07-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I think the combination of lower springs and the corvette rims are the issue. You have a choise. A: Get rid of the vet rims B: Put the car back to stock riding height (replace springs C: Use the back seat as a place to put your jacket NOT a person.

You can return your car to the correct riding height and still get good handling by going with a hvy stock height spring.

New shocks will make your car handle better assuming the last owner did not already upgrade them but they are not a sure fix for your problem as Camaro 69 explained.