Okay boys....time to wiegh some options

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 04:23 AM
3rd Gear Member

the deal with the dials not working might be the battery?? mine used to go crazy if battery was flat. But they did work when it was running.

All the light should go off when your running , airbags will be on of course, and seat belt?? if not fastened (mine doesn't have seatbelt lights?? wtf ) My abs was on but i busted a rear sensor. it went off when fixed.

Usually with the key in i get the security up for a brief moment, oil lamp, enigne symbol thing ( i think) but they all go out.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:49 AM
3rd Gear Member

hey maudy!! whats cooking? for a minute i thought everyone was dodging me, but at least you replied. charged the battery overnight gunna go drop it in and see what light stays on.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:08 PM
3rd Gear Member

okay fired it up, once running these stayed on: service engine soon, abs inop, asr off, and airbag... ideas?

btw it awesome hearing that thing rumble again

Old 03-16-2010, 04:20 AM
3rd Gear Member

i know how you feel, didnt run mine for a while, and you have a super big smile when it does

airbag on for obvious reasons
abs and asr are linked. If a front sensor is gone this could cause it to come on and also the asr to stay on. Check wires, and check rear wires for good measure too
ses on due to abs problem, me thinks?

are the dials working now dude??

whats the plans then are you on with a rebuild??

Old 03-16-2010, 04:25 PM
3rd Gear Member

abs and asr are linked? im not too familiar with those systems, where would i be looking for that? i tried pushing the asr button on and off but nothing .

the air intake is disconnected and so maybe set off the service engine?

service engine soon is different from check engine? since there are two seperate lights?

dials are all working now with the full battery, lights up and everything

will try to get a clip on friday.... how much you guys think a front clip will weigh cut from the windshield? no k member, eng, tranny, susp

and more so, do you think two guys would be able to lift it?

Old 03-17-2010, 04:37 AM
3rd Gear Member

two guys might be able to lift it, not sure about cost though US is always cheaper for camaro stuff then over here in UK

My asr,abs lights were on because i broke a sensor on the rear. On the rear axle on the wheel hubs there is a sensor wither side that measures the rotation of the wheel with a magnetic sensor (in the hub) and a recirculator ring ( on the axle shaft at the end) check these sensors. They do abs and asr.

I think yours maybe to do with the front, in the centre of the drop spindle there is a big black plastic sensor with a plug on. You cant miss it, its on the inside right behind where the wheel hub is. Check the sonsor wires here, i figuring you might have destroyed one??

Old 03-17-2010, 01:25 PM
3rd Gear Member

hmm i think i know which wheel is probably messed. when the guy ran the front driver was pushed in, i took a pry bar and pryed it so the wheel spins freely now but thats the only one that took the most impact, I will check it when after work, surprisingly the tire didnt puncture.

from what i see, the only wire that looked damaged was the socket from blinker since it was on when it got hit.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:28 PM
3rd Gear Member

checked the wires and it doesnt look damage or broken, nor the magnetic piece has any play, can the asr and abs inop lights be reset like check engine?

Old 03-22-2010, 04:02 AM
3rd Gear Member

i dont know pal, thats what i thought it would be?? like i say i damaged one of my sensors and it all messed up so i changed it and it went out. I wonder if there is a code it gives to tell you the problem??

Old 03-22-2010, 07:04 PM
3rd Gear Member

was the sensor(magnet part) on yours messed up bad maudy? i will take a shot of mine tomorrow and put it up. my friend has craftsman code scanner, this should do the same job as the actron no?