Okay boys....time to wiegh some options

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 05:30 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by carnage9
sorry i dont know much legal **** but cant you still sue the owner of the other car? they will garnish his wages i think, invest in lawyer
Lawyers have a motto. "Never sue a poor person". This guy could be in jail. Auto could higher a lawyer and investigage sueing but chances are all he will end up with is a bill from a lawyer. One of my X girl friends had a Mustang totaled by a drunk, she sued and won, in the ten years I knew her she never got a penny. Just a bill from the lawyer.

If he did get a judgment it would be a life long thing so if the guy ever did make any money he could go after him 10 to 15 years from know.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:44 AM
3rd Gear Member

auto, how you doing dude??

well i have to say $3000 sucks really, can you appeal, going price of camaros over there is at least $6000 for a decent one with 100k miles right. Can you appeal, dont take the work of the insurance, you paid for them to sort it out !!!

As I understand it you get 3K and the car.

We need some picks of the car, preferably with the fenders, front bumper and hood off so we can see the frame.

Options:
1) If its gonna cost more than the $3000 to sort out then your out of pocket and still have a repaired was damaged car not good

2) engine blown ls1 (might have to travel) for less than $3000 in good condition, you have to swap engine but you have money left over

3) sell whatever you have, get about $5000+ in total (with the 3K) and see what you can buy, i know not the best options as you loos your car and will be maybe out of pocket

do 1 if its cheap and fixable, 2) is best but you have to wait, 3) if you can get another car and sell your bits

Get the pics up

Old 03-05-2010, 07:52 AM
3rd Gear Member

hmm alot of good ideas im hearing. the body shop owner was just by and said he`ll pull ,drop on the parts, and paint for 1500, given i get the parts ( front clip probably 1000) and im going to have to cut a piece of frame the connects to the crash bar. how that price sound to you? i know most of the guys at the shop and they do top notch work

Old 03-05-2010, 11:36 AM
4th Gear Member

If you already signed off and agreed to the $3k then you are done. You miust understand that the $3k was their "offer". If you have not signed off on it, then do am little bit of work getting comps( competitive pricing) and produce that to the ins company. You won't get anything for your spiffy rims, wider tires, top end stereo etc. They look at the market value of the vehicle and if simialr vehicles have a higher market value, then produce the facts along with your counter-proposal

2 suggestions

1- always have a disinterested older person review any document for you

2- never agree to any first offer, always think it over.

I hope you haven't signed anything yet but if so, then all of our posts are moot

Old 03-05-2010, 02:31 PM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by torque_is_good
If you already signed off and agreed to the $3k then you are done. You miust understand that the $3k was their "offer". If you have not signed off on it, then do am little bit of work getting comps( competitive pricing) and produce that to the ins company. You won't get anything for your spiffy rims, wider tires, top end stereo etc. They look at the market value of the vehicle and if simialr vehicles have a higher market value, then produce the facts along with your counter-proposal

2 suggestions

1- always have a disinterested older person review any document for you

2- never agree to any first offer, always think it over.

I hope you haven't signed anything yet but if so, then all of our posts are moot
From what I understand 3K was not the offer. You have a max payout on your policy, here in PA it is a min of 100K if someone does 250K worth of damage all you get is 100K. Any time there is many cars involed in a wrecked they will add up the total value of the cars and everyone will get their percentage. They can not take the car because they did not pay the full value. It is just about the only situation where and insurance company will declare a car a total lose but it will not show up on a title. The person that causeed the wreck is still liable for the rest of the money but insurance company is out of it once the 100k is gone. Good luck sueing the guy that caused the wreck you will be in a long line people trying to get blood from a stone.

Auto that is a good deal for the front end swap. I know of shops that would not do that on a none wrecked car for that. Most placed would be 1200-1500 just for the paint.

Last edited by Gorn; 03-05-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:42 PM
3rd Gear Member

torque its moot i guess since i already agred, gorn i think 1500 is reasonable for that kind of work, the way you explained the situation is exactly so.

Maudy whatssup!!

but yeah thats the call then, rebuild!! now does anyone know of anyone with a front clip in the NY, PA, NJ, Conn., delaware areas?

Old 03-05-2010, 06:41 PM
3rd Gear Member

okays guys got a few pics up in my album.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:43 PM
3rd Gear Member

yea pics are up there, a buddy of mine got a 02 trans am 34k miles, i can use that as a idea as far as matching up with mine right?

Old 03-05-2010, 07:45 PM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

If you mean to take measurment,, YES!

When I look at your car I wonder if that K frame is sitting in there straight. You really want to know how square the car is before you start putting penny one into it.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:51 PM
3rd Gear Member

hmm.... how would one know, or check if the K frame is sitting straight ?

Quick Reply: Okay boys....time to wiegh some options