New Tint

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by DarkKnight
mi is pretty strict with tint, got 5 tickets under my belt before i got smart, went to the eye doctor and got a scrpit that says i have light sensitive eyes and require more than sunglasses to be able to drive, easy enough, every time i get pulled over for it now i give them lic,ins,reg,and eye scrpt, havent had a problem since in any state at anytime and my rear window is 5% (limo) and my sides are 25%
Wow, so it DOES work to do that?! That's exciting. I have a hard time with light/glare. It's been tempting to go to the eye docs about it, but I didn't think that actually worked. Plus I have no insurance.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:05 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

they dont acctually check,,, just go in ask for the doctor, be honest with him, and ask, if he says no, theres another eye doc that will, took me 5 tries and yes it works they cant deny medicine just because they dont like tint

Old 08-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Haha, that's sweet. Thanks for the info. Might have to look into that one now...

Old 08-13-2010, 11:02 PM

Yea, I got the darkest legal tint you could get. I didn't want it illegal cuz smokey here get giddy with glee when they see illegal tint. I got 30 on the front and side windows, 15 on back and t tops. All of that is legal in Florida.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:04 PM

Also, they said allow about 30 days for the tint to apply, in other words don't use abrasive cleaners on the windows for a month.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:58 AM
2nd Gear member

Make sure you don't use any ammonia based cleaner on your windows either, even after the first month.
DK, that's a good idea, I wish I would've known that when I had 15% all the way around on my old car. I got 3 tickets in VA then took it off the front windows. I think 35% is legal there. It's still 15% on the rear side windows and the back glass, and my Mom's been driving it here in PA without any problems. But of course if it was on the Camaro I'd get pulled over in a second. The cops in my town are already watching me and I haven't done anything (yet, lol).

Old 08-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

No wonder my brother could get away with stuff, he lives in FL too. Never knew the 'legal limit' was 30%. It's 70% in PA. Which really isn't worth tinting imo.
Monte, just wait, they'll find some dumb reason to get ya soon enough (cops are such jerks), haha.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:14 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by DarlingReject
Monte, just wait, they'll find some dumb reason to get ya soon enough (cops are such jerks), haha.
Oh I'm sure they will. Nothing ever happens here so the cops get pretty bored.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:17 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

come to flint, cops dont really mess with the car people too much, too many retards shooting each other down the road to mess with us for tint or racing some old back rd

Old 08-15-2010, 12:31 AM
In the Staging Lanes

sit on a leather seat in FL and you"ll see why! LOL- just kidding. I'm originally from IL- same thing NO tint at all not even clear UV tint. Now I had IL plates lived in SD and FL with 5% and no one cared. Here in TX i have Red tint (hated it at first now I love, love love it) Been OK for years now I'm told No colors! WTHeck not? My red is higher than 20! Grrr. I have an insp next month- guess I'll be ripping it off and having it redone- cops could care less.

Quick Reply: New Tint