New Tint

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Default New Tint

Just got new tint put on the 2000 Camaro. Looks sweet, hopefully it will keep the inside cooler and protect dash from cracking. Haven't really been able to inspect it fully yet cuz its been raining nonstop. Sorry no pics, cuz the site still won't let me post, even though I feel I've posted more than 8 posts or whatever it says. Pics will come soon.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:35 PM

Yeah it's way better, except driving at night I had to get used to with limo tint n all.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

just make sure you dont roll the windows down at all for about a week

Old 08-12-2010, 05:22 PM
May 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
just make sure you dont roll the windows down at all for about a week
really? didn't know that. thanks for saying that, since I was planning on tinting my Camaro at some point.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Hope everyone checked with the state laws.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:12 AM
May 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by DarlingReject
Hope everyone checked with the state laws.
Michigan laws are kind of annoying (no tint on top 4 inches of side windows), but my car's licensed and registered in WI, so I'm gonna tint it to Wisconsin spec haha.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:29 AM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

This is solely based on personal experience. I tinted my window last year and I loved it. I did it more for security purposes because my shift at work changed to overnight temporarily and it's not uncommon for cars to get broken into in the parking lot. I got pulled over for it like 5 months later at like 1 am. I was told the tint on the windows had to get removed and I ended up getting a $150 ticket. So I removed just the window tint because the rear apparently was ok to have. Then like 2 months later I got pulled over AGAIN for the rear tint. According to PA laws (I know this varies from state to state, but you'll see my point) any vehicle 97 or newer CANNOT have tint unless it's factory, no exceptions. Anything older and anything behind the front windows is fine. I even asked to see their official paper in their huge book of ridiculous state laws. My point is, they make some of these laws difficult to find out until you get pulled over. And even then, the cop can be wrong. The first one was with me, but he was also young. Just trying to save you guys some money and trouble. Make sure you look into it. I was beside, behind, and infront of a lot of cops before anyone pulled me over for it. All it takes is some bored cop to ruin your day.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:15 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by DarlingReject
any vehicle 97 or newer CANNOT have tint unless it's factory, no exceptions.
So no tint is allowed, on any of the windows? Thanks for posting that, you just saved me the trouble. I planned on getting my windows tinted at some point but now I won't even bother. I got 3 tint tickets with my old car so I don't wanna deal with that again.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by montecarlogrrl
So no tint is allowed, on any of the windows? Thanks for posting that, you just saved me the trouble. I planned on getting my windows tinted at some point but now I won't even bother. I got 3 tint tickets with my old car so I don't wanna deal with that again.
Unless it came from factory, nope. If you have a 97, you can get away with it. They apparently changed the law back in 96, but since 97 vehicles were already on the lots, they decided to exempt them and start officially with the 98's. That's simply for PA though. My whole point of telling all of that is I don't know who would have known all of that kind of stuff off hand. Those cops like to be sneaky. So yeah, save your money and all the trouble of getting pulled over monte, I don't think it's worth it. That doesn't mean people don't obey it though. And it doesn't mean where you live they would even enforce it or even know about the law, but according to the York Township police, that's how it is.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:48 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

mi is pretty strict with tint, got 5 tickets under my belt before i got smart, went to the eye doctor and got a scrpit that says i have light sensitive eyes and require more than sunglasses to be able to drive, easy enough, every time i get pulled over for it now i give them lic,ins,reg,and eye scrpt, havent had a problem since in any state at anytime and my rear window is 5% (limo) and my sides are 25%

Quick Reply: New Tint