Need info on wheels and headlights.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 09:34 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Need info on wheels and headlights.

I have stock wheels on my 1999 Camaro RS that have been powder coated chrome. I love the clean look it gives my car but I also have the black hockey stripe going down both sides of my car. Nothing else on my car is black and I want to change that. I want to get my wheels painted black but I want to leave the lip chrome. I either want the spokes painted or powder coated but I was told that powder coating them black and trying to leave a chrome lip might not be possible since they dip the whole wheel in acid that eats all the paint away. And im not trying to pay for getting it powder coated black then getting the lips powder coated chrome. Thats just back stepping and is just going to take up more time and money. And since im wanting to add more black accents to my car, I want to get new headlights since my are pretty hazy. Im wanting to get blacked housed headlights and was wondering if anyone has a reliable website to where I can actually buy them and wont get ripped off. Thanks guys. Tell me what you think about the ideas I have. Look in my albums to get a better vision. Oh and if someone lives in the Triad area in North Carolina and knows someone who can do this, please let me know. And could you guys give me an estimation on how much this might cost? Once again, thanks guys

,Trey

Old 09-23-2010, 03:38 AM
3rd Gear Member

yup they would need to redo the lip or be some damn goog painters, best bet is to just get some new rims

Old 09-23-2010, 11:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Just sand, sand, fill, mask and paint them yourself. Do a number of coats and then clear coat. not much cost other than time. If your headlights are really hazy you might want to replace them anyway rather than covering them up? I repainted my light housings too as my car was alot like yours is now.

Attached Thumbnails Need info on wheels and headlights.-img_0335.jpg   Need info on wheels and headlights.-img_0035.jpg   Need info on wheels and headlights.-img_0034.jpg  

Last edited by Raingler; 09-23-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:23 AM

I can paint them for you but you would have to ship them to me, I'm located in Casselberry Florida

Old 09-25-2010, 10:56 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Raingler
Just sand, sand, fill, mask and paint them yourself. Do a number of coats and then clear coat. not much cost other than time. If your headlights are really hazy you might want to replace them anyway rather than covering them up? I repainted my light housings too as my car was alot like yours is now.
I didn't mean like smoking the headlights. I meant actually getting new headlights with black housing. And how much would it be to paint the wheels myself? Like just guesstimate. And is there any specific type of paint I would have to use and any specific brand? And since this is my only car and I have a job and school, shipping it out of the question but I really appreciate your offer

Last edited by vXIcetreyXv; 09-25-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Misunderstanding
Old 09-25-2010, 11:01 AM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

You can get some sick Halo lights on ebay. Everything on ebay is legit and you wont get ripped off. Here's a set of Halo's. Also come's with side markers and turn signals
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...Q5fAccessories
As for wheels, well buy new ones! lol Here's a link to where my friends bought the wheels for his Firebird. Good luck!
http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-for-Camaro/c304226/

Last edited by Chaotic94; 09-25-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:11 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Chaotic94
You can get some sick Halo lights on ebay. Everything on ebay is legit and you wont get ripped off. Here's a set of Halo's. Also come's with side markers and turn signals
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...Q5fAccessories
As for wheels, well buy new ones! lol Here's a link to where my friends bought the wheels for his Firebird. Good luck!
http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-for-Camaro/c304226/
Those headlights are ugly haha. I dont want anything that looks like Audi headlights with the LED's. I just want stock looking headlights but with black housing. Well not necessarily stock but you get the idea. And I don't want Halogen lights or HID's as for nothing on my car is blue and well,t hose lights shine blue. I just want regular projector lights but that are clean and black housed and that actually have a beam pattern instead of just scattering light. And as for the wheels, I'll just keep them like they are for now and If I want to paint them then ill try it myself. Thanks for you input though

Old 09-25-2010, 11:46 AM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

^ I tried...

Old 09-25-2010, 12:23 PM
1st Gear Member

also they don't fit his year Maro w/o changing the front end!

Old 09-25-2010, 03:36 PM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Yes they will. He has a 1999. Those headlights fit 1998-2002.

Quick Reply: Need info on wheels and headlights.