Need Help on a Few Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 02:18 AM
1st Gear Member
Question Need Help on a Few Issues

Hey all, happy new year!

I've got a few minor issues I want to get fixed on my '01 Camaro 3.8

-I'm looking for a new left passenger door bezel, anyone got one?

-I've got a few lights burnt out behind my dashboard I was going to use this as a reference https://camaroforums.com/forum/4th-g...t-bulbs-57737/ so I pull that one plug and get the lightbulbs from there or? Anyone have an idea of what the part numbers/light bulbs are for behind the dashboard?

-Where do I look to check if a heat shield is loose and rattling around?
If you look at this video, you'll hear a loud noise that happens once i get past a certain rpm. I've been told it could be a loose heat shield or the water pump
Noise from my Camaro - YouTube

-If i need to replace a fuel sending unit, I assume i just buy a new fuel pump correct? I cant seem to find just the sending unit alone for sale. And do the wires for the fuel sending unit happen to run underneath the back seat and can be seen?

Thanks so much,

Robby

Old 01-02-2012, 02:36 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

dr says the bulbs are 194. google and you will see what they look like. heat shield would be around the exhaust. usually the pieces around the catalytic converter are the ones that rattle. if your having issues with the fuel gauge check number 34 on the list here http://shbox.com/1/how_tos.html

Old 01-02-2012, 11:47 AM
2nd Gear member

Is this what you're looking for? I bought this off an earlier model for mine but it's a little too dark, my trim is a slightly lighter grey.

You can also convert the lights in the dash to LEDs. Chaotic94 did a write-up on that.https://camaroforums.com/forum/4th-g...A%2A%2A-59143/

Attached Thumbnails Need Help on a Few Issues-0102021237.jpg  
Old 01-02-2012, 01:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by vanquishfist
Is this what you're looking for? I bought this off an earlier model for mine but it's a little too dark, my trim is a slightly lighter grey.

You can also convert the lights in the dash to LEDs. Chaotic94 did a write-up on that.https://camaroforums.com/forum/4th-g...A%2A%2A-59143/
hey buddy, that is exactly what i am looking for, willing to sell?

Old 01-02-2012, 01:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by craby
dr says the bulbs are 194. google and you will see what they look like. heat shield would be around the exhaust. usually the pieces around the catalytic converter are the ones that rattle. if your having issues with the fuel gauge check number 34 on the list here 4th Gen LT1 F-Body Tech Aids

hmmm thanks for the feedback, after hearing that noise do you think it could be that heat shield?

Old 01-02-2012, 07:46 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

thats what it sounds like to me. will it do it when in nuteral, if so it would be best to get it up on some good jack stands and backup support and get under there while its making the noise. then you can push on the different parts of the shield and see what stops the rattle.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by craby
thats what it sounds like to me. will it do it when in nuteral, if so it would be best to get it up on some good jack stands and backup support and get under there while its making the noise. then you can push on the different parts of the shield and see what stops the rattle.
I completely replaced all the bulbs behind my dashboard, pretty easy job. I'm gonna check out this heat shield issue probably tomorrow or sometime this week.

BUMP on the door panel!

Old 01-04-2012, 03:10 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

you can get that bezel from a junkyard cheep any 93-02 camaro has the same door panels

Old 01-04-2012, 12:07 PM
2nd Gear member

Hey, sorry I haven't been on in a couple days. You could easily find one at a yard like basic said, but if you want it PM me, I only paid $5 for it at a yard myself. Do you mind if it's a little too dark? Is your trim a medium grey or a dark grey?

Old 01-04-2012, 12:41 PM

that sounds like either a heat shield like you said or it also sounds like an interior rattle. i just got mine and i have a rattle that is somewhere in the dash area and i think its most likely the big plastic dash cover.

Quick Reply: Need Help on a Few Issues