need advice big time

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 08:20 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Gorn, craby lives in "Tokeland". They do everything high there!
why don't we have a rep button on this site? that post is worthy

Old 01-13-2012, 05:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes

i will agree with going with a bottom pull. i pulled mine from the top only because i was told it had to come out the top but with the parts car i got i am going to pull it from the bottom. i had to take alot of the motor apart and still fight it from the top so bottom all the way.

and who can argue with the fact of --- if a high guy can figure out how to do it we should all be able to figure out a way to do it. lol

Old 01-22-2012, 06:08 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ok so the motor is in. but i got a question due to my lack of paying attention. the harness that goes to the starter has a purple which goes to the starter and 2 black wires. where do the 2 black wires go? as well as the lead coming off the battery that goes to the starter has another round deal coming off it where does it go as well?

never mind i was looking at the wrong cable it was the ground

Last edited by 93maroonz; 01-24-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:35 PM

So on a 93 lt1 .. how do you eliminate the egr port and valve? will the ecm be corrected for metering if its tuned? this is my first build and really wingin this project... any advise is better than none.... thanks

Old 02-05-2012, 01:48 PM
In the Staging Lanes

mr.x i am not sure as i did not remove mine.

ok so my motor is in and so far is sounding great. but now i got other problems. when i went to drive it, it only had 1st and 2nd with no od so i pulled the pan and the od valve was stuck. so i took the valve body out of the other tranny i have and cleaned it up and put it in with a new filter and fluid change. now it wont come out of first. wtf? anyone got any ideas?

Old 02-05-2012, 02:00 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

you check the tv cable to make sure its working correctly on not broken. are both trans 93 4l60

Old 02-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

When an automatic will not shift and your sure the clutch packs are working then you most likely are losing govenor pressure. Man, there are a lot of places in the valve body where you could screw up govenor pressure. One missing or in the wrong place ball (aka check ball) could do it or one valve backwards. If the shifter adjustment is messed up the main valve could be "between" position which would cause a drop in line pressure which inturn would drop the govenor pressure.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:41 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yea both are 700r4/4l60. i was thinking the tv cable might be the problem. it does not seem to be broke but i dont think it is adjusting right. i push the button down and push the little cone all the way towards the firewall then push the gas but it does not click back out at all. and i did not take the valve body apart at all i just swapped it but where i read to use vasoline to hold the check ***** in place i had none so i used a very small amount of grease.

Last edited by 93maroonz; 02-05-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 93maroonz
but where i read to use vasoline to hold the check ***** in place i had none so i used a very small amount of grease.
That is a huge mistake. Vasoline melts into a liquid at about 150 degs. In its melted form it breaks down into the trans fluid. 10 minutes after you start the car you can not find it. Grease on the other hand will not break down and it will keep the ball from moving and it will contaiminate your clutchs. I guese I should rephrase, Grease will break down but if you trans gets that hot its toast.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:04 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ok so should i take it back apart, clean it again and use vasoline or what would suggest doing at this point?

Quick Reply: need advice big time