My heart is CRUSHED!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012 | 03:49 PM
|
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Gorn
I did have the Ice come off a semi and come thru my convertible top and opened up the side of my face but I dont count that since I was way ugly before that happend and the top need replaced anyways.
Ouch but you are too funny!.

We settled today and we're getting $2958 plus keeping the car. I dont think that's a bad deal. He's looking at some 3rd Gens with V8's now

Old 09-06-2012 | 03:52 PM
|
2nd Gear member

Dont know how long it will take to get the check though. Anyone have any ideas? My husband said they may call and tell us to come to their local agents office.

Old 09-06-2012 | 05:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Shouldnt take long at all. When my Cavalier got totaled, we settled and I picked up the check 2days later. When the Jeep was totaled, it was paid off within a week of the wreck. We both had the same insurance company so that may have expedited that one. It took about 10 months for the rest of the settlement, but the vehicle part was fast.

Old 09-07-2012 | 04:18 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by budsysmith
Dont know how long it will take to get the check though. Anyone have any ideas? My husband said they may call and tell us to come to their local agents office.
I know they are nromally a lot faster when they are renting you a car. Normally when the check shows the rental goes back.

Old 09-07-2012 | 06:48 PM
|
2nd Gear member

Well we were never offered a rental. Insurance company (theirs) called yesterday and told me that the car was now my responsibilty and to go get it because they weren't paying anymore storage fees. So I call today and tow company says they have to wait to get their money and then they would call me sometime next week. He did tell me that there would be no more fees added though and was released from storage.

Old 09-08-2012 | 06:11 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by budsysmith

Ouch but you are too funny!.

We settled today and we're getting $2958 plus keeping the car. I dont think that's a bad deal. He's looking at some 3rd Gens with V8's now
Curiously do you know how much they charged you to keep the car? I had a 1999 with 175k miles I had bought for my kid and done a lot of work on. I had about $3500 in it. If I had sold it prior to the wreck I would have considered myself fortunate to get $3000 for it and realistic would have been about $2500.

I was really sweating what I was going to get from the insurance company and wanted to keep the car because I knew how many good replacement parts were on it but when they came and told me they valued the car at $5244 and minus my $500 deductible they would be paying me $4744.15 all I could think was let me get a check and get it cashed before they change their mind. I was afraid to ask what it would have cost to keep the car because in all seriousness if they had come back and said they valued it at $2900 I would not have had any room to argue because a quick search of Craigslist, the local news paper, auto trader, or E bay would have turned up dozens for that in as good or better shape than mine

Old 09-08-2012 | 06:18 PM
|
2nd Gear member

The salvage price on the car was $294 so that's what they knocked off the check. We wanted to keep it because like you, we have a lot of money tied into it and we have another one like it and can reuse some of the parts or maybe even sell some of the other stuff. It was worth that price though. We only paid $1400 for the car so they are giving us twice that back. Of course you have to factor in what we've done to it but like I said, we are getting it back so that's not a loss.