My Camaro FS listing

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 05:15 PM
4th Gear Member

I pick up a couple of the local car trader books, news paper classifieds, etc at the convenience stores when I am buying or selling just to get an idea of what similar vehicles are selling for in my area, plus I check out the sites mentioned above. Lately, it has been kinda hard to determine the local markets because so many people are loosing jobs, etc and are doing what they can to sell a vehicle or just get out from under the payments. You might have a better chance of getting a better price since you are not needing to get rid of it in a hurry. Good luck.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Two Cylinders Short of Win

Thanks OSduck and DC2550.

Torque_is_good, I had a long explanation for you but let me make it short and sweet.

Murda99v6 pricing comes from prices I have seen them sell for around me, Kelley Blue Book, Nada Guide (which you suggested), and NOW a dealership.

Torque_is_good pricing comes from Edmunds which I couldn't get to work with all the options and you STILL have yet to link me to.

The offer the dealership gave me was closer to my number and actually in between my numbers if it were summer. It came out of the dealer's own mouth.

If you can't understand where I'm coming from, here's the breakdown: You said you were sorry to burst my bubble while providing no evidence and I have now 2 sites for proof and an actual offer that say otherwise. It sounds more like you were attempting to burst my bubble. I'm supposed to not get irritated at all and take your word for it? Sorry I don't work like that. When you have 4 resources that counter what my 3 resources say, maybe I'll take you a little more seriously.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:11 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Murda99v6
Thanks OSduck and DC2550.

Torque_is_good, I had a long explanation for you but let me make it short and sweet.

Murda99v6 pricing comes from prices I have seen them sell for around me, Kelley Blue Book, Nada Guide (which you suggested), and NOW a dealership.

Torque_is_good pricing comes from Edmunds which I couldn't get to work with all the options and you STILL have yet to link me to.

The offer the dealership gave me was closer to my number and actually in between my numbers if it were summer. It came out of the dealer's own mouth.

If you can't understand where I'm coming from, here's the breakdown: You said you were sorry to burst my bubble while providing no evidence and I have now 2 sites for proof and an actual offer that say otherwise. It sounds more like you were attempting to burst my bubble. I'm supposed to not get irritated at all and take your word for it? Sorry I don't work like that. When you have 4 resources that counter what my 3 resources say, maybe I'll take you a little more seriously.
I'm not into a pissing contest with you

the data i posted is from edmunds.com. You can't hyperklink because it's an app. You yourself must click on the 99 camaro coupe and go from there.

Why did someone jump in and provide a more realistic value when I have no intention of buying the car? Because you created the thread not in the for sale section.

I really really really really ( you get my point) do hope that you can get above market value for your car. I then hope that you use edmunds to bring to sellers when you look for a car. I stated before, we all want to sell high and buy low.

But, selling is actually quite simple. If there is high demand for your product, then you can command a better price. If there is low demand, or a good supply of product (used 1999 vehicles) then it's a buyers market.

If your car doesn't sell quickly at the price you listed, then since cars are in fact a commodity, pricing is what will generate more interest as in, lowering the price.

I sincerely wish you good luck and selling anything is never personal and you should not, nor should any of the younger folk here view it as if it is. It's nothing more than a business transaction and when viewed as such, clarity is gained. Oh, and never mistake list prices, or asking prices as the price for which a good or service actually sells.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:36 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by torque_is_good
sorry to burst your bubble but KBB is inaccurate. You really need to vist Edmunds.com

You are asking about $2,000 too much for your market.

I would hope that when you are looking to buy a vehicle, you will use nadaguide or edmunds. KBB is high and what used car dealers will show you to justify their prices which tend to be over-inflated by at least 40% of the actual market.

we all want to sell high and buy low
Lol you're on crack. 58000 ORIGINAL miles and he's asking too much? Hell my car with 175000 has got offers of 3000 cash money...

You people are nuts =\

Edmunds says my TRANS AM is only worth 5000 roflmao. I can sell the engine and transmission for 5000 good god. Says dealer price is 6500... Never have I seen a 98-02 black WS6 priced for less than 12000 at a dealership with less than 100k miles. My car only has 65k.

NADA tracks market value for each area every 3 months. Retail value is the lowest a dealer will go and what most private parties will ask for. Good trade in is just that... The trade in value of a vehicle in pretty much perfect condition. Most private sellers will go down around this value depending on the rarity of the vehicle.

I think what he is asking is a perfectly fair and reasonable price.

Last edited by evilkal; 12-22-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:13 AM

Alright torque_is_good I guess it just all came across the wrong way or I took it the wrong way. I've even gotten PM's on here to ask admins to delete your posts from this thread, so I'm not the only one who thought you were coming from a different angle.

Thanks for the basic breakdown of how selling works. Nobody asked for that. Some of us have a little experience selling, buying, running a few businesses, marketing. Believe it or not, there are people out there that are willing to pay "fair" price to get a car that is ready to go, because time is money, and safety and reliability are concerns for some people. So although there are those that like to buy project cars, and put in months of work before the car is stable, not everyone falls into this category. Do you realize that putting in months of work is equivalent to putting in hundreds or thousands of dollars depending on what you do for a living and how much free time you have? It isn't worth it to everyone. You might feel smart buying a car for $1,500 and then using $3k worth of time, parts, & labor to get it to where you need it, but it really is no different in some people's eyes.

As you can see, not everyone is in agreement here. EvilKal, thanks for another assessment. I honestly am not trying to rip anyone off. I'm the one losing money on this deal and think its more than fair - I even left room for negotiations, but there is no way that I would EVER sell that car for less than $3k.
If Edmunds is what you would use to determine your selling price, and you end up losing $2k in the deal, well then more power to you. Not all of us are so quick to give away a car in this kind of condition. I do give to charity, but not in this case .

Quit being so basic. Going "Cheers" "I really really hope you do" doesn't fool anyone. You don't know me, have no connection to me, and could care less what I get for the car, just like I could care less about you. Instead of "hoping and wishing" I get the asking price while spamming that I'm way above market value, take a step back, evaluate why no one is buying your nice guy act, and stop posting in this thread. You call your numbers more "realistic" and try explaining economic lessons to people who didn't ask for any of your input whatsoever and who are sitting behind the screen smiling because, regardless of what you have said, a dealership has already proven you wrong. Are you going to try to convince me that the dealership is just really really generous and willing to give me a lot more than even a private party would? Maybe the "younger" crowd has a more realistic view in this case =/. Put your glasses on.

I dont know how many times I can say this, but if you, torque_is_good, are not interested, stop posting. Oh, and when you go to sell your car - I'll be the first person on board to purchase it, since I know I can buy it off you for "market value" and resell it here for "market value" and earn myself a real good profit . I actually wish there were more people like you and hope I do run across some1 like you this Spring or Summer when I go to make my next purchase.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:26 AM

On a side note, EvilKal when did you get the sig? I haven't been on in the past few weeks as much as I used to. Last I remember you hadn't yet picked up the car. Either way - very niiiiiiice. Hopefully I join the club when it gets warmer. I'm leaning more towards a transam since its like the best of both worlds. Still in the f-body world, and get to adopt the cousin to the GTP I sold and have been missing ever since .

Old 12-22-2010, 12:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Don't listen to TIG, he thinks he knows everything and he's just a major jerk.

Anyways, good luck with the sale. Hopefully you can get what you're asking or more for it

Old 12-22-2010, 02:38 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Murda99v6
Alright torque_is_good I guess it just all came across the wrong way or I took it the wrong way. I've even gotten PM's on here to ask admins to delete your posts from this thread, so I'm not the only one who thought you were coming from a different angle.

Thanks for the basic breakdown of how selling works. Nobody asked for that. Some of us have a little experience selling, buying, running a few businesses, marketing. Believe it or not, there are people out there that are willing to pay "fair" price to get a car that is ready to go, because time is money, and safety and reliability are concerns for some people. So although there are those that like to buy project cars, and put in months of work before the car is stable, not everyone falls into this category. Do you realize that putting in months of work is equivalent to putting in hundreds or thousands of dollars depending on what you do for a living and how much free time you have? It isn't worth it to everyone. You might feel smart buying a car for $1,500 and then using $3k worth of time, parts, & labor to get it to where you need it, but it really is no different in some people's eyes.

As you can see, not everyone is in agreement here. EvilKal, thanks for another assessment. I honestly am not trying to rip anyone off. I'm the one losing money on this deal and think its more than fair - I even left room for negotiations, but there is no way that I would EVER sell that car for less than $3k.
If Edmunds is what you would use to determine your selling price, and you end up losing $2k in the deal, well then more power to you. Not all of us are so quick to give away a car in this kind of condition. I do give to charity, but not in this case .

Quit being so basic. Going "Cheers" "I really really hope you do" doesn't fool anyone. You don't know me, have no connection to me, and could care less what I get for the car, just like I could care less about you. Instead of "hoping and wishing" I get the asking price while spamming that I'm way above market value, take a step back, evaluate why no one is buying your nice guy act, and stop posting in this thread. You call your numbers more "realistic" and try explaining economic lessons to people who didn't ask for any of your input whatsoever and who are sitting behind the screen smiling because, regardless of what you have said, a dealership has already proven you wrong. Are you going to try to convince me that the dealership is just really really generous and willing to give me a lot more than even a private party would? Maybe the "younger" crowd has a more realistic view in this case =/. Put your glasses on.

I dont know how many times I can say this, but if you, torque_is_good, are not interested, stop posting. Oh, and when you go to sell your car - I'll be the first person on board to purchase it, since I know I can buy it off you for "market value" and resell it here for "market value" and earn myself a real good profit . I actually wish there were more people like you and hope I do run across some1 like you this Spring or Summer when I go to make my next purchase.
I don't know you

you are here for the same reason as most, love of cars, not to compare the size of one's.....well you get it.

If i didn't wish you success I would not say it. That is where YOU DO NOT KNOW ME.

Remember, we all have opinions. You may not like mone and I may not like yours. That is life. But, from where i see it, you are burying your head in the sand not acknowledging the market for how it is. That of course is your prerogative. As for the kid that says "TIG is a jerk"; feel free to read through my posts and determine if I've ever offered good and accurate, and time/money saving advice. I come here seeking advice and sharing my experiences, not speaking form my butt.

I clearly see that you take selling as personal. That is fine. And, I honestly do wish you well whether you want to believe that or not. And, if you come back in 6 months and had sold it for $5,000 I'd be the first to cheer for you and asking whether you were getting an LT or LS and I'd be glad to help with any LT1 questions.

But, feel free to doubt me and call into question my intentions. That again is your right.

cheers

Old 12-22-2010, 02:55 PM
3rd Gear Member

Trading up for a V8 huh? Forgive me if I sound like a jerk, (but you of all people already know that I prefer a V8 LOL), but I think that this is an awesome move! Oh @ TIG, you're still cool in my book.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DarlingReject
Why are you thinking of getting rid of the sixer? I thought you had wanted to turbo it eventually? It makes me sad that everyone is dumping the sixers and getting v8s.
Good question, I know I wont give up my sixer, its just as cool as the v8's hahaha