My Camaro FS listing

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Two Cylinders Short of Win
Default My Camaro FS listing

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am now considering selling the car once again. I'm not driving it at all this winter and by Spring or Summer I will probably end up buying a v8, so I'm gauging interest now to see if there are any serious buyers out there. I haven't listed it on craigslist or anything yet and I'm not sure if I will before Spring, but I thought I'd repost the link to my thread since it was never deleted when I started it months ago. I have updated the info to the car's current state and just ran a KBB price check on the car. I feel I'm being more than fair for my market - Chicagoland.

https://camaroforums.com/forum/showt...603#post448603

If anyone is interested or feels they may be interested in the near future, feel free to PM me or just respond through this thread. Thanks.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:45 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Murda99v6
Just wanted to let everyone know that I am now considering selling the car once again. I'm not driving it at all this winter and by Spring or Summer I will probably end up buying a v8, so I'm gauging interest now to see if there are any serious buyers out there. I haven't listed it on craigslist or anything yet and I'm not sure if I will before Spring, but I thought I'd repost the link to my thread since it was never deleted when I started it months ago. I have updated the info to the car's current state and just ran a KBB price check on the car. I feel I'm being more than fair for my market - Chicagoland.

https://camaroforums.com/forum/showt...603#post448603

If anyone is interested or feels they may be interested in the near future, feel free to PM me or just respond through this thread. Thanks.
sorry to burst your bubble but KBB is inaccurate. You really need to vist Edmunds.com

You are asking about $2,000 too much for your market.

I would hope that when you are looking to buy a vehicle, you will use nadaguide or edmunds. KBB is high and what used car dealers will show you to justify their prices which tend to be over-inflated by at least 40% of the actual market.

we all want to sell high and buy low

Old 12-21-2010, 12:29 PM

First off, Nada is for dealers. Trade-in value is not the same thing as private party value. You're suggesting I sell a car private party for the same price a dealer would give me. Why not just sell it to a dealer then? Dealers give you less for your car and sell for more.
Secondly, even on Nada, my car falls in between $3,925 and $4,500, which is nowhere near $2k off

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/1999/...dard-Equipment

Link me to what you're talking about using zip code 60061 because I'm showing you actual numbers even on your own suggested sites.

Last edited by Murda99v6; 12-21-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:46 PM

hmmm...I could put the regular brakes back on there and a paper filter and ask for $4,500 OBO and be up to par with Nada guide...I don't think it would make much of a difference though honestly.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:50 PM

LOL check this out. KBB "TRADE-IN VALUE".

http://www.kbb.com/used-cars/chevrol...&mileage=58000

Notice it is the EXACT SAME price as Nada if I wanted to sell to a dealer.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:31 PM
4th Gear Member

www.edmunds.com

and be honest with your assessment of the vehicle

edmunds follows market trends based upon current economic conditions and actual sales.

I can see that it has gotten personal with you. Good luck is all that I say and I hope you do get the money you seek

only a ready willing and able buyer determines the actual value of any goods or service. If a good or service is not selling, either it's not wanted or needed or it's over-priced.

cheers

Old 12-21-2010, 02:02 PM

I don't understand what I have said that makes it personal...quit being so sensitive honestly. I don't have time for grown men who can't handle FACTS & NUMBERS on a topic that doesn't involve them to begin with.

You linked me to two sites...on Edmunds I couldn't find anywhere that actually lets me select everything about my car in order to get the price, which is why I asked if you could link me directly to the actual price, like I did to you.

All I simply did was take the website you gave me, appraised my vehicle, compared it to trade in value on KBB and it was exactly the same. You are somewhere around double my age, so I'll assume you understand what I mean when I ask you to please provide the actual data you are referring to like I just did to you. Stop linking to the homepage as this shows me nothing regarding my numbers being off by $2k. I assessed my vehicle correctly on 2 sites so far, you have yet to show me 1. If you can't do this, don't bother responding.

I'll reiterate that I am only gauging interest. If you are not interested and also have no actual data to provide, then that should tell u to stay out of the thread so that we avoid these "personal" problems u are referring to.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Why are you thinking of getting rid of the sixer? I thought you had wanted to turbo it eventually? It makes me sad that everyone is dumping the sixers and getting v8s.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:01 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Murda99v6
I don't understand what I have said that makes it personal...quit being so sensitive honestly. I don't have time for grown men who can't handle FACTS & NUMBERS on a topic that doesn't involve them to begin with.

You linked me to two sites...on Edmunds I couldn't find anywhere that actually lets me select everything about my car in order to get the price, which is why I asked if you could link me directly to the actual price, like I did to you.

All I simply did was take the website you gave me, appraised my vehicle, compared it to trade in value on KBB and it was exactly the same. You are somewhere around double my age, so I'll assume you understand what I mean when I ask you to please provide the actual data you are referring to like I just did to you. Stop linking to the homepage as this shows me nothing regarding my numbers being off by $2k. I assessed my vehicle correctly on 2 sites so far, you have yet to show me 1. If you can't do this, don't bother responding.

I'll reiterate that I am only gauging interest. If you are not interested and also have no actual data to provide, then that should tell u to stay out of the thread so that we avoid these "personal" problems u are referring to.
the link won't work

I set it as "clean"

power everything t tops etc etc etc

try to make heads or tails of the mess below but private sale is $2669

I won't get into a pissing contest with you but only one of us doesn't want to hear true market conditions. I honestly do hope you get above market value

$1,639 $2,211 $2,910
Optional Equipment $245 $326 $470
Power Driver's Seat $20 $27 $39
AM/FM/CD Audio System $24 $32 $46
T-Tops - Glass $75 $100 $144
Power Exterior Mirrors $14 $18 $26
Power Door Locks $17 $22 $32
4-Speed Automatic Transmission $61 $82 $118
Power Windows $20 $26 $38
Cruise Control $14 $19 $27
Color Adjustment - Light Pewter Metallic $0 $0 $0
Regional Adjustment - for Zip Code 34232 $-33 $-45 $-59
Mileage Adjustment - 56,000 miles $818 $818 $818
Condition Adjustment - Clean $0 $0 $0
Total $2,669 $3,310 $4,139

Old 12-21-2010, 03:57 PM
1st Gear Member

hey man, good luck on the sale of your ride, regardless of what anyones assumption is on value of a used car is. Like you, I don't know why someone that has no interest in buying your car or anyones car wants to add their .02 on what it should sell for. again, good luck.

Quick Reply: My Camaro FS listing