Mother Camaro, Pray for us!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013 | 07:13 AM
|
In the Staging Lanes
Default Mother Camaro, Pray for us!

I have been looking for a camaro for SO LONG! but finally found one just 10 miles from my place, green, t top, v6, 105k milage, 1995, automatic. Has everything I want so will go check it out today hoping to trade my mustang in for it....wish me luck u guys so i can come here as a camaro OWNER! YESS FEEL IT!!!!

I want to be like that guy here who eats rice and poops out fords! go chevy!!!

Old 05-14-2013 | 08:54 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

what price? what engine, 3.4 or 3.8?

Old 05-14-2013 | 09:14 AM
2nd Gear member

That is a B E A U TI FUL Camaro! Rare to see those low miles too. That one will last a seriously long time.

Old 05-14-2013 | 09:27 AM
|
In the Staging Lanes

i just checked it out, not sure if its 3.8 or 3.4 but it has some problems the dealer is checking out....the locks don't work, one of the windows doesnt work, the horn doesn't work....also theres a metal pipe going from the coolant that is super rusted :S the blinkers seem pretty slow too and i cant get the brights to work.

can someone please explain why i looked at over 6 camaros in the last few months and almost all of them were in really bad condition?

Last edited by Camaro S; 05-14-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-14-2013 | 09:52 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by Camaro S
can someone please explain why i looked at over 6 camaros in the last few months and almost all of them were in really bad condition?
Mainly because it's an 18 year old car. And unless the previous owner is a fanatic who fixes the smallest thing when it goes bad, a car can have some issues piled up whether or not it's a Camaro.
As for which engine it has, read what it says on top of the intake manifold. 1995's still came with the 3.4, except for in California where those came with the 3.8.

Old 05-14-2013 | 09:59 AM
2nd Gear member

if its a 95, its most likely going to be a 3.4l still.
the horn is famous for not working simply because stock they put in the wrong size fuse. I noticed this on my last camaro and this one. The fuse constantly upon constantly blows. I put a different one in and its been fine ever since.
The locks and windows can be something stupid like a fuse or the connector being unplugged behind the door panel. but I havent run into that issue so Im not sure.
The metal pipe for the coolant, which one do you mean? The ones closer to the engine always look rusted, but usually are fine inside. Its usually just a lot of grime. But either way, the coolant lines can easily be removed and you can use regular heater hose as a replacement which will cost you 96cents per foot and a half hour of your time.
The turn signals in these are just slow. There is nothing wrong with there.
If the high beams dont work, its most likely because the bulb is burned out. 90% sure of that one. But since these are sealed beams, you have to swap out the whole lens, not just the bulb.

lastly, it just depends on what you are looking at. I noticed a lot of the younger crowd that doesnt take care of their cars but want a sports car, are usually the owners of the v6 camaros. so that explains their condition. usually the v8's are better taken care of. I personally love my v6 camaro and found that all the problems it seemed to have had, were actually pretty easily and inexpensively fixed.
Hope this helped some.

Old 05-14-2013 | 10:03 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

V6 are not valuable car, they are the work horses of the line. The 3.4’s even more so. Most of the cars have been in kid(s) hands. When I was looking in 08-09 most of the cars I looked at where in need of restoration, Not repair, Restoration from years of neglect. The best used cars are owned by retired guys that are looking to fill time or people that babied their cars as garage kept weekend drives. Most retired guys don’t drive Camaros and most people do not use V6 as weekend only cars. You are looking for the needle in a hay stack.
You really want to wait and get a 3800, your best bet is a one owner 2000-2002. You will pay for it but unless you plan on a restoration it will be worth every penny.

Old 05-14-2013 | 11:56 AM
2nd Gear member

I'm happy to see someone so excited and at the same time patient to join the camaro family.

To find a good 4th gen, you either have to be very patient, or very lucky, or both because like it has been said already these cars are getting old and the only ones worth buying....unless you are into the restoring and rebuilding thing....are the ones that have been taken care of well.

I got my '94 back in.....2000 and it had 100,000 on it (224,000 now), the only thing that ended up having to be replaced as a result of the previous owners care was the radiator and heater core, and that wasnt even til a few years later.

Old 05-14-2013 | 01:00 PM
|
In the Staging Lanes

Found a 95 firebird, Idk if its looked down upon or respected in these forums, but gonna check it out, otherwise thinking of going with the green one

Old 05-14-2013 | 02:12 PM
3rd Gear Member

They better be respected, otherwise I need to gtfo....

Firebird and Camaro are exactly the same besides their looks and interior design. I don't know what your budget is, but honestly I would hold out for at least a 3.8L if you are looking for the V6. Or, save a few more pennies and try for a LT1.

Quick Reply: Mother Camaro, Pray for us!