More speakers

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 08:23 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default More speakers

There is an actual question in the post under this one.
I have a parts car so with the extra rear fold down thingy I put some speakers in it. I made it so it simply plugs and unplugs so I can remove it if I want. The speakers are just cheapo but I got a lot of bang for my buck.
Probably not practical if you have the cash to just install a good set of speakers but it was fun and it don't look so blah.
Name:  94speaks.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  10.5 KB

Last edited by charlie94; 10-28-2011 at 08:36 AM. Reason: I do not think well
Old 10-28-2011, 08:23 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I am a little confused about why when they install an aftermarket stereo they have to bypass the amp. I cant find the amp in the trunk people speak of. My door speakers have what I understand to be 50 watt amps. This being said I feel I do not get near the volume I should be getting out of my aftermarket. Again if there is a 300 watt amp why is it bypassed. Confused about 94z28 stereo weirdness

Last edited by charlie94; 10-28-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:47 PM

I had the same problem, now first you you have the Bose delco set-up? or the monsoon set up. because i have the Bose set up and there is NOT an amp anywhere in the car, trust me i spent a month on this subject. I did my research and found out that each speaker is seperatly amped, which means having an after market deck and such is a pain in the ***, big time. What I ended up doing which was fairly easy and worth it, is I re-wired my whole car for the radio. Its really how bad you want it and how much you want to mess around. BEcause i spent forever trying to figure out what was wrong with my speakers and deck and such, so i got tired of trying so much and asking so many people to have nothing work. So me and my buddy said **** it, we re-wired the car and it was WELL worth it. the whole bypassing amps is a bunch of weird bull**** i never understood and i couldnt conquer it, or the reason why...? but whatever :P I hope I helped at least a little, I'd like to see what you come up with! Best of luck to you man! I know how much of a pain it is!

Old 10-28-2011, 07:38 PM
4th Gear Member

You could go ahead and re-wire everything...but that's a lot of unneeded work. If you're like me, you probably bought an aftermarket head unit. Well at that point, you're best off just buying new speakers as well. Just take off your door panels, disconnect the stock speakers, and snip the plug off for the amp, and just take the stock wires and solder them to your new speakers. Worked well for me and only took about a half hours work.

Also, you don't have to bypass the amps. There is a special converter you can buy from your local Wal-mart or audio store that's made by Scosche. But in honesty, it's not worth the extra 15 bucks.

Bose/Delco setups do have amps. They're connected to the speakers. As far as Monsoon goes, those are for Pontiacs, not Chevys.

Also, I do remember doing a write up somewhere on how to do the bypass and such. But I pretty much summed it up in my first paragraph.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:41 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Ok thanks guys. I noticed the non stock speakers sound better than the door speakers so I will look into just replacing the door speakers.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:35 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Lol I stuck another stock amped speaker in the passenger door today and like an idiot I put it all together before I tested it and it smoked from the amp and blew the fuse and my car smells like a smoked circuit board. Another day living the dream