Monsoon info?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 07:22 AM
4th Gear Member

I also rewired mine for component speakers in the sail panels. I installed 8 inch subs in the rears with 6'5" full range component speakers in the front and rear seats and 1" tweeters up front. Sounds really good for a 500W system lol.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:13 PM
ROTM Director
Ride of the Month Director

Originally Posted by Massey
The Monsoon system is made by Delco. The amp is decient as far as factory amps go. It puts out about 60W per channel. In my schematics I have for the 99 the tweeters are powered by the amp and they are limited to high range only. The door mids are full range and using that channel with after market speakers will sound fine. The rear seat speakers are for the subs. They are limited to the low bass tones only. After market subs in 6.5" are not cheap.
The rear most speakers are only little 4" speakers but they are full range. I chose to rewire my amp to output for the rear channel to the sub locations. This allowed me to put my mid range speakers in the rear seats and leave the very back for future subs, prolly 10".

Massey
yea, i like turning up the bass a lot, but have found that if you have friends in the back seat, you need to be careful as that speaker is inches from their head and they don't appreciate pounding that close.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Camaro has a back seat? You mean the cushions in the back? I thought those where just for putting stuff. A human will fit back there?

Old 11-20-2010, 02:52 PM
ROTM Director
Ride of the Month Director

Originally Posted by Gorn
Camaro has a back seat? You mean the cushions in the back? I thought those where just for putting stuff. A human will fit back there?
haha, yea, crazy eh? i have a lot of friends who drive weedwhackers, so when i got the camaro, they would all pile in for a drive.

crazy what people will do.....

Old 11-23-2013, 09:02 PM

I don't know if this is the right place to post this so someone who knows what their doing please pass it on. I changed the head unit on my 2002 convertible with monsoon amp I had it installed by a shop that does impeccable work. Shortly afterward after 18 or so hours the bat. was dead. After2 new batteries later same problem. I was freaked out of my mind. Just by chance I pulled the 25 radio ecc. fuse and the problem stopped. By the way the stock system with a low powered deck and sub and amp sounded outstanding. This problem happens all the time the new head unit fries the power on mechanism causing the amp to stay on I heard 100 ways to fix this problem all of witch I was too lazy to do. After a brainstorm I went to walmart bought a fuse holder some male wire connecters for five dollars in five minutes time I crimped the male connecters together plugged one end into fuse block ignition then removed the radio acc 25 amp fuse and plugged the other end of my fuse holder contraption into the right side of where that fuse was and put the 25 amp fuse into the contraption and wala now the amp only comes on when the key is in ignition position and the problem is solved for five dollar and I was willing to pay couple hundred to fix this problem. I hope this will help someone who is going crazy with a dead battery and you are welcome,

Old 11-23-2013, 09:38 PM
Default monsoon new head unit battery drain

[QUOTE=Rick Tobin;682357]monsoon new head unit battery drain I don't know if this is the right place to post this so someone who knows what their doing please pass it on. I changed the head unit on my 2002 convertible with monsoon amp I had it installed by a shop that does impeccable work. Shortly afterward after 18 or so hours the bat. was dead. After2 new batteries later same problem. I was freaked out of my mind. Just by chance I pulled the 25 radio ecc. fuse and the problem stopped. By the way the stock system with a low powered deck and sub and amp sounded outstanding. This problem happens all the time the new head unit fries the power on mechanism causing the amp to stay on I heard 100 ways to fix this problem all of witch I was too lazy to do. After a brainstorm I went to walmart bought a fuse holder some male wire connecters for five dollars in five minutes time I crimped the male connecters together plugged one end into fuse block ignition then removed the radio acc 25 amp fuse and plugged the other end of my fuse holder contraption into the right side of where that fuse was and put the 25 amp fuse into the contraption and wala now the amp only comes on when the key is in ignition position and the problem is solved for five dollar and I was willing to pay couple hundred to fix this problem. I hope this will help someone who is going crazy with a dead battery and you are welcome,[/monsoonQUOTE]

Old 11-23-2013, 09:42 PM
Overdrive Member

If you have a 98+ Monsoon/Delco w/CD Changer port, get the USA Spec PA11-GM45 for AUX RCA & iPod/iPhone inputs & steering wheel control if you have the steering wheel buttons.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:13 PM
Overdrive Member

It sounds like your amp is staying powered and not shutting off with the stereo. Look on the forum here for the schematics for your vehicle and make sure your amp is plugged in correctly with the aftermarket head unit. If you have an aftermarket amp you will need to run new power wires to it and also check to make sure it powers down when the radio does.

Massey