LOUDEST EXHAUST

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 02:56 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: LOUDEST EXHAUST

ORIGINAL: 98ss4REAL

yeah i will try to get a clip but its a clean sound sry to say but i have the exhaust and ur listening to pple that talk b.s and giv hear say if u get wat i mean....
Yes we are all feeding you BS and hear say... We know nothing compared to this ONE guy... No one else has exhaust on their cars so none of us know. I havent heard COUNTLESS clips on the internet and listend to certain cars IN person at all chevy car shows down the street from my house in the summer.

most cat backs are not loud enough for me and dont sound great pple talk them up and they just turn me off ...
again.. one guys opinion againsta fewothers. Im not saying that custom exhuast is bad, im sure his car sounds sick... but his opinion of good might not be yours... He may like driving around with exhaust so loud it makes ricers fart cans look decent but you may not. In other words it may sound good for a certain amount of time but after awhile you might get sick of NOT being able to hear the radio at a respectable level or hold a conversation with a passenger... While exhaust may turn heads i doubt the ladies want to listen while your loud engine drones out conversation...

I myself was actually thinking about doing duals with and X pipe dual high flow cats and side exits but it would cost alot more and only sound alittle bit better and alittle bit louder.

All in all go look around, listen to his clip, listen to borla, listen to magnaflow, flowmaster, systems with headers the works before you take one persons word for it... kuz once you pay for it if you dont like it you have to pay again for a new one.. exhaust is one of those things that fit you.. not something that one other or even a couple of guys told you sounds good. Like i said before our opinions all differ on what sounds good.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:41 AM
Overdrive Member

^^^[sm=exactly.gif]

If you want the loudest exhaust possible, run open headers, anything down from that is personal preference. Keep in mind what Spartan brought up about the radio or a conversation.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:35 PM
4th Gear Member

i personally like listening to the radio while im going on a freeway trip but short distances i usually dont worry about it too much and listen to my exhaust. So i want an exhaust that is LOUD so other people can hear it, but doesnt drone out my stereo. Hence why im going Dynomax headers, custom Y, high flow cat, and magnaflow catback.. Ive heard it and it sounds good for what i want.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:35 PM
1st Gear Member

It's all a matter of personal preference. Like it was mentioned before, do your research before you make a decision, especially if you are on a budget.

Check on youtube (however some of the videos are not as good as others- use your judgement)

Also you can check out www.ls1sounds.comit'll give you a good idea as to what is available.

As for 98SS4Real, throw up a sound clip, i'd love to hear it.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:22 PM
2nd Gear member

Just get yourself an electric cut-out. So if you really want LOUD all you have to do is flip a switch, and there you are pretty much running open headers and turning everybody's head. Then as soon as you get tired of it (and most likely you will) flip it again, and you got the nice,and comfortablerumbling of the catback of your choice.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:49 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aleksandr

Just get yourself an electric cut-out. So if you really want LOUD all you have to do is flip a switch, and there you are pretty much running open headers and turning everybody's head. Then as soon as you get tired of it (and most likely you will) flip it again, and you got the nice,and comfortablerumbling of the catback of your choice.
That sounds good, but ive heard some problems with cut outs however i cant exactly remember what i heard of if i heard it for sure lol maybe im thinkin of something else.