Looking at Joining the Camaro Community

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 09:08 PM
Default Looking at Joining the Camaro Community

Hey always wanted to have a camaro and now funds are allowing me to have my truck for work and a car... anyways ive found this in my area on craigslist what do you guys think this is worth?

1995 Camaro z28 lt1 350v8 t-56 6 speed manual with 3.42 gears all stock 150,000 miles runs and drives great, motor runs as it should and has the power you'd expect a lt1 to have. The transmission shifts great with 0 issues, gets over 30mpg on the highway and you can cruise at 80mph at 2,000 rpm in 6th gear. Has cruise control and cd player with factory premium sound system with a factory subwoofer radio sounds great for a older car.

the body is in great condition was completely taken apart and professionally repainted panels off with no tape lines 6 years ago with ppg paint, materials alone cost over 2000$ without labor. after paint it was color sanded and buffed 1000-4000 grit anyone familiar with painting knows how time consuming this is.

the interior is practically brand new still with no signs of wear besides on the carpet by the clutch pedal.

only bad is the power steering pump isn't working currently but the car can be driven just fine as is.

Im asking him for some better pics once he replies to my last email.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:45 AM
4th Gear Member

Sounds like the car was really taken care of over the years. And it's got the SS hood already too. My only question is why was it repainted? The thing with this, is although it seems to have been taken care of it, it is still considered high miles and it's a 20 year old car. Around me, a similar car goes for about $4500-5500.

Power steering pump isn't bad. Worst part in my opinion is the lines. Bolts aren't too bad to get too, especially if you have a swivel socket.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:38 AM

I asked him why the paint job in my last along with getting more pics in my last email but no answer yet. Im in minnesota so having a nearly 20 year old car that is spotless with that high of miles is just crazy so i like that and mechanically as long as it seems pretty sound im fine with doing some work on it. My roommate does dirt track racing so he has a lift an any tool my dad or i don't have his family would have. I just don't know the value of it with new paint. He said it has a clean title so it wasn't totaled to need new paint

Old 04-02-2014, 10:37 PM
4th Gear Member

Although I disagree with KBB, going by their info, a car, even in perfect or near perfect condition, with that many miles, only goes for $3k in my area. Technically though, under KBB's guidelines, the car being repainted makes it fall out of it's near perfect conditions.

I'd check any local car listings you have and see what they're going for in the same condition in your area.