led gauges on EARLY 4th gen

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 06:31 PM
1st Gear Member

wow those are some really nice lights were they hard to change?

Old 03-04-2010, 09:15 PM
In the Staging Lanes

They are really easy, pretty much plug and play. You just pull the old bulb out of the plastic holder and put the led in. Then bend the prongs over the metal and reinstall them.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:35 AM
April 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Those do look good...

BUT when I had my 94Z and had to take out the cluster...it wasn't really "easy". I know that everybody tends to say its easy once the cluster is out to change the bulb...its a piece of cake , but getting to the 2 screws that are above the cluster ...under the dash pad and window is a ROYAL PITA!!

For starters you have limited space to work in. secondly that dash pad is mega ultra brittle. you have to be super careful and delicate with it ESPECIALLY if you live in a place where the car has been exposed to extreme heat or extreme cold. The heat from the defrost over the years plays a role in it too.

Each car is different so it could be possible that the moment you pry that pad up a little to get to them screws is all you need to crack it.

Just be super careful cuz if it does crack then you need another, and in the process of installing that one... IT may crack too!! lol

Old 03-24-2010, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by JordanT
Ya I just did that to my 94. I did not take off the A pillars. I just took out the front dash and then the cluster housing. It is not really that difficult at all. Just be careful with the front dash pad because it is really thin and breaks easily. Here is what I got.

Qty | Product / Options | Price (each) |
================================================== ==============
7 | WLED-x5 LED Wide Angle LED bulb | $ 3.74 |
Blue WLED-B5 0.75
----------------------------------------------------------------
1 | NEOx High Power LED Instrument bulb | $ 2.29 |
Blue NEOx-BHP 3mm NEO3-xHP
3 | 74-x Wedge Base LED bulb | $ 1.19 |
Blue 74-B
Does that laundry list only include the main cluster or does it include the HVAC as well? I'm curious all it include so I can add other interior lights and utilize the info you gave. It is much appreciated

Old 03-24-2010, 09:05 AM
In the Staging Lanes

If you want to have a really clean nice lok.. and look idential to those pics, buy reversed glow gauges for our car.. theyare not that pricy and goes in VERY easy..

these are 10 bucks.

there are different kinds and looks.. shop till you find what you want.

Last edited by midrange; 03-24-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes

The bulbs in that list cover the cluster, HVAC, and headlight control. It is true that you may very well break the front dash piece, mine was already cracked and then I cracked it fully in half when I took it out, but I did not really take my time. To make it easier you can pop out the A pillars. Just take your time and SLOWLY pry up where it is velcroed in and you should be alright.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:03 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by midrange
If you want to have a really clean nice lok.. and look idential to those pics, buy reversed glow gauges for our car.. theyare not that pricy and goes in VERY easy..

these are 10 bucks.

there are different kinds and looks.. shop till you find what you want.

im not a fan of these cuz they are white during the day.

i swear i cant get the needles off the gauges. am i just being scared or are they glued?

Old 03-25-2010, 01:36 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

u dont take the needles off, u carefully slide the cover as the needles go through the holes. u have to do all of them at the same time adding the smaller needles as u get closer to getting it on all the way. ive done it twice and it does not get easier.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:41 AM
2nd Gear member

Lol sorry for not specifying but I wanna take the orange off the needles and didn't know if I could

Old 03-25-2010, 01:50 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

from what ive read u can but its a pita to get em back on right.

Quick Reply: led gauges on EARLY 4th gen