If you cant chip a 4th gen.. wtf is this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 02:01 AM
4th Gear Member
Default If you cant chip a 4th gen.. wtf is this?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/pts/502462901.html

He claims its some sort of chip that adds 25hp... found it on craigslist...

Old 12-10-2007, 02:21 AM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: If you cant chip a 4th gen.. wtf is this?

you can chip a 4th gen, it plugs directly into your PCM. Its just like having it tuned at a dyno, except its not as accurate.

Take a look: http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...677+115+400201

Old 12-10-2007, 03:52 AM
4th Gear Member

Thats all i need to hear::::

The Bird is hibernating
ATTN: You cannot chip a 4th gen camaro. That is all
Fail

Old 12-10-2007, 03:57 AM
3rd Gear Member

yea, pretty much...

Old 12-10-2007, 05:57 AM
4th Gear Member

I win.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Ninja Administrator

oooh buddy, a little fast to post...... the both of u. the first is a pcm, it comes with a port that accepts only jet chips. Have either of you seen a GM PCM? the only port available is the obdII, and none of those chips in the link will go to that. this is not a "chip" as you so desperately want to call it. Think of it as a stand alone. besides, dont think u can claim a win, you did say "stage 4 chip AND special tune".

as for you stig, the first part on there is a tuner, not a chip. As for the rest, i dunno, maybe jet is privy to some info that nobody else has, because they are the only chip i see. or maybe they are complete crap because those things will never plug into a pcm. take 1 look at them and you can figure it out. most chips will sit inline, these look like cheap *** resistors.

im not alone in what I said, several of the other members around here have said the same thing (jd1969). and doing some quick learning, it appears as if these chips require a loader to reflash. so if that is true it still isnt a chip, but a shady and cheap form of a handheld.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:50 AM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

oooh buddy, a little fast to post...... the both of u. the first is a pcm, it comes with a port that accepts only jet chips. Have either of you seen a GM PCM? the only port available is the obdII, and none of those chips in the link will go to that. this is not a "chip" as you so desperately want to call it. Think of it as a stand alone. besides, dont think u can claim a win, you did say "stage 4 chip AND special tune".

as for you stig, the first part on there is a tuner, not a chip. As for the rest, i dunno, maybe jet is privy to some info that nobody else has, because they are the only chip i see. or maybe they are complete crap because those things will never plug into a pcm. take 1 look at them and you can figure it out. most chips will sit inline, these look like cheap *** resistors.

im not alone in what I said, several of the other members around here have said the same thing (jd1969). and doing some quick learning, it appears as if these chips require a loader to reflash. so if that is true it still isnt a chip, but a shady and cheap form of a handheld.
Wow... chill.. i was just messin around.. i could careless if their chippable or not.. i just saw this and remembered how **** you are about people saying they want to "chip" their 4th gen and i threw it up...

Old 12-10-2007, 11:10 AM

ok guys i dont want to **** any one off here but u can chip a 4th gen. i know becuase i have the highest stage chip i could find for my car. u open up the pcm and take of the back side cover and it plugs biggy back in there with the stock chip. how ever this only works on the 93 computers 94 and up require a pcm tuner but still not the lese my car is a 4th gen and takes a chip. sry guys

Old 12-10-2007, 11:51 AM
2nd Gear member

93's are the only ones he ment 4th gens in general....93's are like the redheaded step child of 4th gens. lol.

But you cant 'chip' 4th gens...

Old 12-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Ninja Administrator

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

Wow... chill.. i was just messin around.. i could careless if their chippable or not.. i just saw this and remembered how **** you are about people saying they want to "chip" their 4th gen and i threw it up...

I wasnt being pissed, just bein **** again . I was not aware of the thing with 93's however. I looked over those parts a little closer, it looks as if those "chips" arepossibly misreferenced.Jet's website lists these parts, but their chips and 6pack extend to 1992 for camaros
http://www.jetchip.com/products.asp?...;model=432#432

these are all their listings for GM chips
http://www.jetchip.com/products.asp?pid=23393

no camaro at all (however there is a number to call for extra models)

for newer cars it looks as if they sell a replacement pcm with a chip port, similar to what u posted at first spartan.

im not sure why u guys want a chip so bad, its about the worst way to go about tuning. even these jet chip systems are too expensive to be worthwhile, and the fact that they sell stages is ridiculous. It is about a million times better to use a handheld or tuning software and not much more expensive.

Quick Reply: If you cant chip a 4th gen.. wtf is this?