Idling poorly

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 02:58 PM
I Like to Party

Originally Posted by greenmachine96
Have you tested your fuel pressure? If not it might be a good idea to do so. Just to see if it could be a fuel delivery issue.
I should that's a splendid idea. I dont have a fuel pressure gauge, what sucks is I have to wait until payday to pick these parts up x(

Old 11-17-2011, 03:23 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Man dude! Sounds like to me that your entire system is degraded. That sucks! I really hope I'm wrong. I agree with him.....if you dont plan on making this a project car, I really dont know how much trouble I'd go through on it. If you're gonna keep it though, you're probably looking at an entirely new fuel delivery system as I was. I hope I'm wrong though.
I'm gonna call it a night, gotta cook.........I'm waitin' for that video you were chatting about. Later man!

Old 11-17-2011, 03:32 PM
I Like to Party

Testing brakes and pads - YouTube
The wheel well and dent add 20 HP. Just saying.

*Im going to post another vid in a bit talking about it and cranking it up.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:46 PM
2nd Gear member

When you upload the next vid show us the tachometer at idle. its a little hard to tell whats actually going on just by hearing the sound in the vid. It doesnt sound like you have a major misfire to me maybe just a little bit of a fluctuation in rpm at idle, is that what is happening? I would maybe drive the car for twenty min. or so to see if it decides to pull a code when you are driving it. You may get lucky and have a fuel trim code or something come up to narrow the issue down.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:48 PM
I Like to Party

Just to add, what do you think is up with my wheel well? Hahahaha its been like that since I bought it, ive never seen that. If I try to bend it back it just pops back. Im currently uploading the video as we speak.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:59 PM
I Like to Party

I just went out and she cranked pretty well. My friend was with me and could tell that the sound from the engine was kind of a pulsing sound, stick around for the video, its only at 10% so should be done in around 30mins

Old 11-17-2011, 04:41 PM
2nd Gear member

are you talking about the piece of the rear bumper cover near the bottom? BTW if that dent and the wheel well thing add 20 hp then the damage on my pass. side must add at least 100 lol.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:47 PM
I Like to Party

Originally Posted by greenmachine96
are you talking about the piece of the rear bumper cover near the bottom? BTW if that dent and the wheel well thing add 20 hp then the damage on my pass. side must add at least 100 lol.
Yeah the bottom;

Hahahaha picture or it didnt happen

Old 11-17-2011, 05:04 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by iLLControl
Yeah the bottom;

Hahahaha picture or it didnt happen
haha i bought my z/28 for 3k with the pass side side swiped, then i got rear ended about 3 months ago and have yet to save up the cash for the bodywork lol. I dont have pics of the damage but i might be able to take some tomorrow. Insurance wouldn't pay for me getting rear ended because witnesses said i was speeding... My response was then why did i get rear ended lol. I wasnt at a light or anything. The girl was pissed at me because i passed her and then she tailgated me resulting in her hitting me. But at least they dropped my reckless charge which was complete bs in the first place the law is 20 over = reckless, i may have been doing 10-15 over. I passed her legally too, WTF it stills pisses me off.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:05 PM
2nd Gear member

Btw the cover is fiber glass so it just may be flexing from the way it is fastened on there or from when that dent happened.

Quick Reply: Idling poorly